1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
No refrigerator.

Not sure why one guy is trying to toss it up to user error but I can attest that the USB port does not charge or even show that it's connected to my iPhone X. It does work with an actual USB drive or something that doesn't need that much power. However the 2.1 amp car charging port does charge my iPhone albeit a little slowly.
iphones come with a 5W charger which makes 1 A of current max. iphone X, iphone 8 plus or iphone 7 plus (which has a bit larger battery) will take more than 3 hours to charge fully from nothing to 100% with this native charger. They will get most of the charge in about 2h. They can't be fully charged in less than 2 hours with any charger.

So, I don't see any problem with a small car having 1 A and 1.5 A USB ports. It's the same or more than the factory charger that comes in the box with the phone.
These ports are not made to quickly charge tablets. To have faster charging connect a bigger charger or a voltage converter to the 12V port.

I wish the Civic had more USB power and a small refrigerator, but.....there are other cars that have these options.

For more USB ports and USB power, a smart auto shopper is advised to look elsewhere:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/03/2020-cadillac-xt6-offers-most-usb-ports-in-its-class/

CharlyWingate

First Name
Charly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
No refrigerator.

iphones come with a 5W charger which makes 1 A of current max. iphone X, iphone 8 plus or iphone 7 plus (which has a bit larger battery) will take more than 3 hours to charge fully from nothing to 100% with this native charger. They will get most of the charge in about 2h. They can't be fully charged in less than 2 hours with any charger.

So, I don't see any problem with a small car having 1 A and 1.5 A USB ports. It's the same or more than the factory charger that comes in the box with the phone.
These ports are not made to quickly charge tablets. To have faster charging connect a bigger charger or a voltage converter to the 12V port.

I wish the Civic had more USB power and a small refrigerator, but.....there are other cars that have these options.

For more USB ports and USB power, a smart auto shopper is advised to look elsewhere:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/03/2020-cadillac-xt6-offers-most-usb-ports-in-its-class/
Oh I mean I understand everything you typed, not sure what you were replying to tho. One guy was shitting on everyone's claims saying it's their user error so I was just offering up another testimony. Its a car charger, I'm not really expecting fast charger speeds.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I wish there was an indicator light or a notification when you're running low on windshield wiper fluid.
If this is your number 1 thing you hate... :hmm: you are implying your civic is otherwise perfect. :bow: That's a gross exaggeration. It's not that great.:rolleyes:

Don't you wish you lived in Canada? You could then have a perfect car.

The hatch manual says:

"Canadian 1.5L engine models
If the washer fluid is low, a message appears
on the driver information interface."

getrojan

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Wanted to see what was the biggest thing you hate about your 10th gen civic ?

I would have to say mine is the double spoiler. I think it looks kinda strange.

No option for Sirius radio on the Sport...

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. I haven’t used a handbrake in 20 years.

2. The manual handbrake gets in the way of more important things.
I’ve continually used the e brake for 10 years between an Acura Integra and a 2000 EK Civic hatchback (both stick shift)

1) Easier to work on.

2) Less tech that can eventually malfunction.

3) Easy visual indication that it’s engaged.

4) More operational control.

I don’t like the electronic hill stop either for that matter - I’m plenty comfortable and capable of starting up a hill from a stop with and without manipulating the e-brake and I prefer that level of control.

Electronic toggle sux!

All the electronic shit makes it feel like they’re trying to turn me into those fat useless blobs on the movie Wall-E

YEGFK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport Touring Hatch
Country flag
I agree with a lot of things here, especially the easily chipped paint, but the one issue that drives me INSANE is the persistent buzzing in my headliner directly above the driver's seat.

hp06

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
EX Hatch here. When I go to pick the kid up from school, I get there a little early so I can get a good spot that I can get out of the lot quickly before I get stuck in there as everyone else tries to leave. Since I sit there for a not insignificant amount of time, I don’t really want to idle and waste gas, but I don’t want to turn the car off because I still want to listen to the radio. There is no easy way to put the car into like an accessory mode or whatever you want to call it. To turn the engine off but keep the radio on, you have to put it in neutral, pull the e-brake (or just keep your foot on the brake) and then press the start/stop button to shut off the engine. I thought push-button start would be the coolest thing, but now I wish I had an old turn-key...

That and a general lack of adequate storage for my needs. I find the door pockets to be useless, as well as the center console because the sliding cup holder goes so deep. Coming from a first-gen Pilot, it’s a big downgrade on places to put all the junk that naturally accumulates in the car. Generally for all cars, I find the amount of space in the center console that serves as an alter to the gear shift is grossly misappropriated. They put it smack in the middle and leave all of this empty, useless, ugly plastic surround that just collects dust. If they would put it off to one side, they could have another little cubby to put a phone or wallet or whatever you get at the drive-thru. Even better, if the gear shift were column-mounted (I’ve been spoiled by the Pilot’s ergonomics, please see below and bask in Honda’s forgotten art of pleasant and strictly utilitarian interiors), there would be so much free space in the console to store things.

More terrifying than annoying is the blind spot looking back to the right. I had owned the car for 5 months before I ever had to look that way after pulling out into a median to turn left (I love the lanewatch, but was no help for the angle I was at). Scared the shit out of me.

I saw someone else complain about the CVT “shifts”.... it only does that if you floor it... idk about you but I would not want to be flooring my tiny displacement, small turbo, CVT-equipped engine often enough to be annoyed by that from a longevity perspective. The car is plenty quick if you’re already moving (not so much off the line).

I got my first paint chip this past month and it is NASTY. Right down to the metal on the passenger side front fender on the crease. I did not know that the paint on this car was shit until I saw this thread, glad to know now.

Everything else, I’m just used to a this point.

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic? 96AAAEA2-8C92-4796-ADEF-E17B8C3DC018

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EX Hatch here. When I go to pick the kid up from school, I get there a little early so I can get a good spot that I can get out of the lot quickly before I get stuck in there as everyone else tries to leave. Since I sit there for a not insignificant amount of time, I don’t really want to idle and waste gas, but I don’t want to turn the car off because I still want to listen to the radio. There is no easy way to put the car into like an accessory mode or whatever you want to call it. To turn the engine off but keep the radio on, you have to put it in neutral, pull the e-brake (or just keep your foot on the brake) and then press the start/stop button to shut off the engine. I thought push-button start would be the coolest thing, but now I wish I had an old turn-key...

Hey @hp06, try this: When you get to your spot to wait, park the car (or put the gear in P) and turn the car off like you normally would, then without stepping on the brake pedal - push the stop/start button once to turn on accessory mode which turns on the radio and the usb ports. And when you're ready to leave, then step on the brake and push the start/stop button again to start the car and you're good to go. HTH.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Rev hang is really weird, i drive only stick for 20 years and when driving hard with all that rev hang it sounds like noob shifting ;)
2. I would prefer normal handbrake, but can live with e-brake also
3. wheel gap is insane, even with pro-kit, now i have to wait for coilovers at least rear height is killing me ;)
4. AC whining, my previus car (suzuki swift sport) i owned it for 12 years and was blowing ice cold from day 1 to day i sold it. with 0 maintanance of AC.
that how it is done Honda ;) i cant imagine this AC will work for 5 years, ofc it will fail out of the warranty and i only drive around 7k miles/year
5. Manual transmission is not smooth at all, i always get that feeling of something weird before it engage in gears
6.brake pedal is also weird sometimes at almost no pressure it vibrates a little when pushed in and it tickles ;)
7. other than that i really like the car so far got HB sport for 3/4 year now. love the desing, love that honda did something wild in all that sea of grey boring volkswagens
at least in europe :p
Sponsored