1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely agree with the paint. I have clear bra on the entire hood, both fenders, both side mirrors, headlights, door jams, behind the door handles, and the rear bumper applique on my 2019 Touring Sedan. I am a little OCD about washing it and have never even put a brush to it. Always washed by hand with the best products (s/o to Ammo NYC) and STILL get paint chips. Not even where rocks would hit either, in the most random spots. Like on the rear passenger doors, both sides, tiny little chips. It drives me insane. I only have 4500 miles on it and my work commute is 5 miles round trip. Always garaged since I bought it. Makes no sense at all.

The wipers do bother me as well. I feel like the rain sensing feature totally sucks, they tend to go super fast when it's a light rain then way too slow when it rains heavy. I end up clicking them on and off manually.

I also hate that EU / Australian / etc. models have power folding side mirrors! That's BS we don't get those here in the U.S., I've always wished for that since the second I got my last 2016 Touring Coupe.

The other thing that bothers me is the infotainment system - when it's all you've experienced, it's not that bad. But I recently rented a 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T to take on a road trip and the infotainment system in there is sooooo much better. Bigger screen, more responsive, more modern looking, etc. I wish they could put something a little better in the Civic - dumb that the Accord Sport (which is basically the same price, sometimes cheaper than a CT) has a better one.

Also wish it had power lumbar adjustment - my first car, 2009 Accord EX-L had power lumbar so I found it odd that these don't. Also wish it had memory seat positions.

I could go on... Lol. Overall great car though. I think it says something when I'm often disappointed getting into a friend's Lexus / Audi / BMW etc. The infotainment systems in those suck (sometimes even more) and you get nickel and dimed for every single option. My car is definitely a great value for the money.
AMMO NYC gang high five:headbang:

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I feel like the gas tank could be a couple gallons bigger
For the Type R this sucks. It just guzzles that tank down in no time. But don’t feel this is a problem on the other civics. I get in the Si up to 430miles per tank in town driving, probably close to 500 if all highway, although never tried. Not bad at all considering a 12.4 gallon tank. Plus keeps the car lite

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
The TPMS. I wish it didn't need to be reset when adjusting tire pressure.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
My one issue is not having exhaust tips on the EXT models . I could see not having it on the single exhaust non turbo . but the duel exhaust without exhaust tips is just dumb in my opinion

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m sure Product Planning @ Honda is tracking this thread closely!

The sheet metal, especially the hood tripped me on this 10th gen civic. Been in Honda’s for 31 years and this genuinely caught me by surprise the first time I washed it and the hood buckled under next to zero pressure. Now, we are on red alert when washing it. Feel like I need to use cotton balls!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
1.Cvt lags
2. Stupid head unit
3. fragile frame
4. Doesn't accelerates fast enough
5. No driver blind spot detection
6. Put it in S (sport mode) and doesn't do much
7. Rattles sometimes
8. Gay honk sound like wtf
9. No back passenger usb ports
10. Stock tires absolutely sucks
Ever consider trading it in on a car you might actually like? :cool:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I think the sole thing that irks me to no end is the entire interior becoming a loose, rattly piece of shit depending on the weather.

One day, everything will be quiet and tight. The next day, it seems like every door panel, the center console, the dashboard, the roof liner, and the rear deck are all rattling like loose Legos in a bag.

It's not that they've simply loosened up over time since new, because the next day everything will be quiet and tight again.

sachb_civic

First Name
Sach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2.0 EXI
Country flag
There is a hidden menu which enables you to put a FLAT response on the Head unit for much stronger bass. Hate that thing, cause it's buried underneath.

BTW, guys I'm researching about Honda's Lean implementation, I need few of your responses on the questionnaire which I've created here:

Link: Click here

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
There is a hidden menu which enables you to put a FLAT response on the Head unit for much stronger bass. Hate that thing, cause it's buried underneath.

BTW, guys I'm researching about Honda's Lean implementation, I need few of your responses on the questionnaire which I've created here:

Link: Click here
Do you have the directions to get to the menu or can you link a thread with them?
Sponsored