1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Just replace the batteries when getting new tires? Seems like cheap preventative maintenance instead of dismounting tires when a battery dies. Unfortunately, another expense with individual sensors is that people who run winter tires will have to buy a second set of sensors for their winter wheels.

For me, I've never had TPMS. I still use a tire pressure gauge and am fine with that.
The batteries are embedded with epoxy or similar material. You'd have to grind or pick out the epoxy, solder in a new battery then fill the sensor with epoxy. And hope the DIY repair stays together inside your spinning tire.

I have seen sensors online for a reasonable price, but they still cost something. If you planned it right could replace the sensors when you replaced tires somewhere around the 5 year point in time, which would save you some labor costs.

I've read the average age of vehicles on the street is about 10-11 years, so I'm presuming that some people have had to replace sensors. Not everyone buys a new car every few years. In fact one of my friends needs a sensor replaced.

My other cars has sensors & I like periodically checking the pressure using the system. But it will cost me in the future if I keep the car long enough. I grew up checking tire pressure on a regular basis. It's part of the responsibility of owning a car, just like checking oil, coolant, & brake fluid.
Sponsored

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
That's not really a problem though. Even with TPMS, I just do what people have been doing for decades; check each tire and fill them up as needed. I rarely wait for the TPMS to tell me I have low tires.
My issue is that it’s 2019 about to be 2020 and we can’t just actively see what each tires pressure is? That’s rubbish. On top of that my tpms has gone off at least a dozen times and never once have they been under inflated. The system is awful

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Turn signal : i did not ear it .....
Ha, when I was looking for a new car in 2005 I ruled out the Ford Focus because the turn signal was way too loud. I think the blinker volume is great in my Honda.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
I haven't actually bought the car yet but the loaner my parents got showed me how useful the volume knob is as well as how limited the ipod music selection seems to be. I meticulously create my playlists and it was a bit of a bummer to not be able to pick individual playlists and instead the head unit only allowed me to either shuffle all of my songs or play whatever I selected on the ipod manually. Not a deal breaker but my old G35 had a better ipod interface ;-;

edit: Ipod is a 3rd gen touch

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5L Turbo, Sedan
Country flag
My issue is that it’s 2019 about to be 2020 and we can’t just actively see what each tires pressure is? That’s rubbish. On top of that my tpms has gone off at least a dozen times and never once have they been under inflated. The system is awful
Yeah, the relative TPMS on my 2019 triggered on the drive home from the dealer. I thought, great.. Hondas were supposed to be friggin reliable and this POS broke on mile 12? I calmed down (been a while since I dropped $20k on anything) and manually checked the psi. One tire was 1psi lower than the other three. Drove the rest of the way home and left a msg for the dealer. Got a call back the next day and the answer was the relative TPMS tends to be finicky especially with external temperature swings. If one tire spins faster than the other (under-inflated a tiny bit or has less tread) then the TPMS will trigger. Temp swings make it worse. I reset the TPMS and haven't had a problem since. 10 months and no issues thus far. Which means, when I drive it later on this weekend the dang thing will light up like a xmas tree.

integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
I know this had already probably been said multiple times in this thread, but in 5k miles of owning my car I have 3 paint chips and a windshield chip... I was told at the dealership to use a paint pen..

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I finally find something I truly hate about my 10th gen Civic: The horn. I'm almost at 1,000 miles on the odo and I guess I just haven't used it until today. A truck sat at a stop sign way too long for no apparent reason, so I gave a polite, quick double beep. My first reaction was: :eek:. Then I laughed out loud, and actually felt embarrassed for the way it sounded. It sounds even squeakier than my motorcycle horn, which says a lot. :doh:

I don't need a train horn, but something with a little more authority would be nice.

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
I finally find something I truly hate about my 10th gen Civic: The horn. I'm almost at 1,000 miles on the odo and I guess I just haven't used it until today. A truck sat at a stop sign way too long for no apparent reason, so I gave a polite, quick double beep. My first reaction was: :eek:. Then I laughed out loud, and actually felt embarrassed for the way it sounded. It sounds even squeakier than my motorcycle horn, which says a lot. :doh:

I don't need a train horn, but something with a little more authority would be nice.
I'm with you 100%...there might as well be a text bubble above the car that says "beep, beep!" when you use the horn.

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Oh heck yeah.. I used my horn once and immediately felt emasculated. I haven't used it since and am looking at after market upgrades. Plenty to be had with a little research and youtube is awash with videos. There is a replacement from Honda Hills https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/3802.html that looks reasonable. They even have a video on the sound difference. Amazon has a few with dual horns (ahhhhh YEAH boYYYYyyyyy) as well.

Problem is, in my Civic you have to take off the friggin bumper to replace the horn. So, I am taking my time deciding and since it is winter clearing out the garage so I can work in dry area with plenty of protection for the bumper. Of course, that means it'll be summer before I finally settle on a horn and will do the work outside. Hey.. at least I'll have a clean garage!

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Oh heck yeah.. I used my horn once and immediately felt emasculated. I haven't used it since and am looking at after market upgrades. Plenty to be had with a little research and youtube is awash with videos. There is a replacement from Honda Hills https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/3802.html that looks reasonable. They even have a video on the sound difference. Amazon has a few with dual horns (ahhhhh YEAH boYYYYyyyyy) as well.

Problem is, in my Civic you have to take off the friggin bumper to replace the horn. So, I am taking my time deciding and since it is winter clearing out the garage so I can work in dry area with plenty of protection for the bumper. Of course, that means it'll be summer before I finally settle on a horn and will do the work outside. Hey.. at least I'll have a clean garage!
That sounds much better, and the price is great, too. Thanks for the heads up!

Hondaru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic MSM Sedan
Country flag
That the doors lock when shutting the trunk! I go surfing frequently and constantly have to remind myself to put the keys outside of the car - and luckily have yet to lock myself out, but does anyone else find this incredibly annoying? I got an LX MT because I like basic... To my knowledge there is no way to disable this as we don't get the auto lock features on higher trims. Maybe this has prevented stupidity leading to break-ins for some people but dangit Honda, how can such an annoying feature satisfy the masses! Or were you just trying to sell higher trims with petty things like this and the lack of intermittent wipers:banghead:

Rant over...

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That sounds much better, and the price is great, too. Thanks for the heads up!
np. Hey, when you replace the horn, could you update us with some pics, etc? Let us know if you had any issues or pro tips? Personally, I'd be interested in anything for the bumper removal/replacement. Yeah there are vids..but sometimes they don't document the little gotchas.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
np. Hey, when you replace the horn, could you update us with some pics, etc? Let us know if you had any issues or pro tips? Personally, I'd be interested in anything for the bumper removal/replacement. Yeah there are vids..but sometimes they don't document the little gotchas.
I'm sort of in the same boat as you, with needing to clear out my garage to be able to get my car in there to do this type of work on it. In the winter, the one side of my garage that I could actually use, ends up filled with things put away for winter, like outdoor tables/chairs/other deck stuff/etc. Lol.