1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM CTR, 2004 Mini CooperS
Country flag
That's why I love the steering wheel control on mine. Lightly swipe your finger down from Vol + to Vol - and it mutes, takes less than a half a second. I've heard that they removed the touch sensitive volume slider on newer models though.. which sucks because I was probably the only person that didn't care about a volume knob, that slider is amazing.
I'm a knob person, I bought a 2019 because I saw it had a volume knob instead of the touch :) I test drove a 2017 type r and wasn't a fan of the whole thing being touch, I like physical buttons. But I am weird so...

The no physical AC on off does bother me too though!
Sponsored

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
I'm a knob person, I bought a 2019 because I saw it had a volume knob instead of the touch :) I test drove a 2017 type r and wasn't a fan of the whole thing being touch, I like physical buttons. But I am weird so...

The no physical AC on off does bother me too though!
Its in the window/tablet/screen
I will say, the taillight quality sucks~ Haven't had the car for a year and already water in there - what the crap is this Honda-Fa!

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Its in the window/tablet/screen
I will say, the taillight quality sucks~ Haven't had the car for a year and already water in there - what the crap is this Honda-Fa!
I know it is in the touch screen, but that is what I mean, sometimes it lags to get to the climate controls to be able to turn it on/off, a physical button would be more conducive to me.

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
I know it is in the touch screen, but that is what I mean, sometimes it lags to get to the climate controls to be able to turn it on/off, a physical button would be more conducive to me.
Yes, this is true~ Pressing the climate button then turning it off is 1-2 clicks away; which equates to about 2-3 seconds depending if you had your coffee in the mornings or driving sober in the evenings~ oh my lanta~

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
Not having a physical AC button is a nightmare. The system seems to always want to turn the AC on depending on what temp the system is initially set at when you start the car, so many folks are probably running the air nonstop not knowing.

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not having a physical AC button is a nightmare. The system seems to always want to turn the AC on depending on what temp the system is initially set at when you start the car, so many folks are probably running the air nonstop not knowing.
I'm pretty sure mine has turned itself on and off. I know there was a time I turned it on and next time I got in the car I was wondering why the air was warm and it was off... ghost in the machine!

quality_sound

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport HB
Country flag
That's actually better for the a/c system. Not running it enough can dry out the seals and cause leaks

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Two things but really they are sort of related. The flimsy windshield and wipers. A leaf hits it and the windshield chips. The wipers are garbage. They chatter like crazy and just make the whole experience feel cheap. I'll need to swap out the blades and it hasn't even been a year. And I've already replaced my windshield, too.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
More of an irritant than a hate, but that "Notice" that appears on the screen every time you start the car. I'm sure it's important stuff the manufacturer has to state. But with my other car, if you restart the car within about an hour the important notice does not show up. Apparently they presume you remembered what you read or did an hour ago. So if you're running errands & frequently getting in & out of the car there is no message popup. Just kind of nice.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
1 thing I hate: my voice commands don't work, like at all.
I forgot that it even has its own voice commands.

Yeah, they suck. Using them is like navigating through a menu system that you can't see. It's like it was written by computer engineers who don't drive.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I forgot that it even has its own voice commands.

Yeah, they suck. Using them is like navigating through a menu system that you can't see. It's like it was written by computer engineers who don't drive.
I have better luck with Siri and carplay. The built in voice command can be pretty lame.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Just thought of a new one:

I don't like mine because it's black -- because other drivers waiting on cross streets don't seem to notice my car at all. I've started turning on my headlights AND foglights in the daytime so the stupid fuckers will stop trying to pull out right in front of me. And you know what? -- it works.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I have better luck with Siri and carplay. The built in voice command can be pretty lame.

The built-in voice recognition is not even comparable to the level of Siri technology and other newer generation systems. The commands have to be said exactly as required. It will not have much tolerance for odd accents and wong or just sloppy pronounshiasion. It verks OK fer users who understand zat. People who were born too recently will not be aware of this.
Sponsored