1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so here goes. I took my sample yesterday and put in some more fresh stuff. Using an AMSOIL filter this time so I am expecting even better results.

Facts on how I've ran this oil:

- AMSOIL 0W20 Signature Series & Mobil 1 extended performance oil filter.
- No change in dipstick level whatsoever. Honest as anything. Stayed at the full mark the whole time.
- Temperatures ranged from -23C - +7 C & Car was outside entire time (no warm garages, only when I change my oil)
- Car is running 20.5 psi tune from Hondata.
- Oil was used for 7000kms (4400mi) (200hrs)
- Oil life went down to 60%, which I was impressed with, I feel like it goes down faster than that normally because when I change it at 10,000 it's usually at 20-30%.
- Oil was put to the test for sure,, cold weather, cold starts, no block heater, 20.5 psi vs 15 psi stock, I saw a few boost peeks that turned the engine up to 6200rpm, she really takes off then! :drive:

I sent out the sample today and will post report back when it comes in.

Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0626.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0628.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0629.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0630.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0635.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0636.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0637.JPG
Threw this in the garbage..
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0638.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0639.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0640.JPG

What it should look like under the oil cap ^
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0642.JPG

Beautiful
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0644.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0645.JPG

Used stuff & filled sample ^
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0646.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0647.JPG

Little tip, tuck a rag in like this and it helps keep it clean when you spil oil the rag will soak it up instead of disappearing into the black abyss around the fill hole.
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0650.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0653.JPG

Tasty stuff.. ^
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0655.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0657.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0659.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0660.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0633.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0634.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T AMSOIL SS 0W20 UOA Thread IMG_0652.JPG

Last edited:

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll do a similar documentation of me draining my Honda 0w20 and collecting my sample tomorrow. I'm also going to be using AMSOIL SS 0w20, so I'm really excited to see your report. It will be neat to see how your report compares to my next report. Your driving style vs my driving style could not be more opposite. I never floor my car. I always try to get as much MPG as possible. I know you're the opposite :p

This will be fantastic data for the community.
1. My Honda OEM 0w20 oil driven very soft for MPG
2. Your AMSOIL SS 0w20 driven hard
3. My AMSOIL SS 0w20 driven soft for MPG (few months from now)

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No funnel? Also your throwing what into the garbage, looks like you mean the tin shield plate? Great documentation, will trust your results much more than dbldoucebag.

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
No funnel? Also your throwing what into the garbage, looks like you mean the tin shield plate? Great documentation, will trust your results much more than dbldoucebag.
No funnel!! With my rag trick and oil OCD, I just pour it in with no worries with no risk of foreign material getting mixed in. Funnels are always filthy.. Threw the plate out ya, I'm tired of hearing it hit every chunk of snow. Already notice a difference this morning, I can go over chunks of snow now that would before hit it. It's un-avoidable up here..

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No funnel!! With my rag trick and oil OCD, I just pour it in with no worries with no risk of foreign material getting mixed in. Funnels are always filthy.. Threw the plate out ya, I'm tired of hearing it hit every chunk of snow. Already notice a difference this morning, I can go over chunks of snow now that would before hit it. It's un-avoidable up here..
Won't that make a difference when you give it back to the dealer? I hear ya about the snow though, luckily near Chicago here, we have barely had any snow this year. And funnels can be dirty, but I always wipe all the oil when I use them. Plus those 5qt. hugs are hard to pour at first without spilling.

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Won't that make a difference when you give it back to the dealer? I hear ya about the snow though, luckily near Chicago here, we have barely had any snow this year. And funnels can be dirty, but I always wipe all the oil when I use them. Plus those 5qt. hugs are hard to pour at first without spilling.
I didn't actually toss it out, I'll jam it back up there when I trade it in lol, I'm a master pourer ;)

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
I didn't actually toss it out, I'll jam it back up there when I trade it in lol, I'm a master pourer ;)
Haha.. I use a 1 qt measuring glass (pyrex) after oil change i saran wrap it so no contaminants get in it.. And doesnt need to be cleaned

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
northern, cool, wondering the total odo miles/km?

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys just an update, went for a 150 km tour today and the car ran great. Lots more hard boost pulls with the Flashpro +6psi, averaged 105km/h (65mph), -10C temps, winter tires still obviously, and got a very respectable 7.5L / 100km.

I am hopefully receiving the OCI test results this week! Too the top! :D

mikeshin92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Very interested in having a look at your UOA. Also a quick question, did you have a chance to check the oil level before you did an oil change? I have a 16 Touring and I am seeing that my oil is above the dot, just past the orange part of the dipstick. I haven't owned this car long enough to check again, but the level seems a bit higher than it should be. I'm just trying to speculate if it was on the dealer overfilled the engine by a bit or if the oil level is increasing. Thanks!

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Very interested in having a look at your UOA. Also a quick question, did you have a chance to check the oil level before you did an oil change? I have a 16 Touring and I am seeing that my oil is above the dot, just past the orange part of the dipstick. I haven't owned this car long enough to check again, but the level seems a bit higher than it should be. I'm just trying to speculate if it was on the dealer overfilled the engine by a bit or if the oil level is increasing. Thanks!
Mine was full and no evidence of increasing. Only you can tell by keeping an eye on it. Get the oil changed and see where you are at. It's tough to get a good reading. I checked mine this morning after almost 500kms already and the oil is looking marvellous, hardly dark, can still easily see through it. Looking great. It's a bit above full because I put a tad too much.. might empty a wee bit out this week. I'll check again because I might not have got a good reading.

mikeshin92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Mine was full and no evidence of increasing. Only you can tell by keeping an eye on it. Get the oil changed and see where you are at. It's tough to get a good reading. I checked mine this morning after almost 500kms already and the oil is looking marvellous, hardly dark, can still easily see through it. Looking great. It's a bit above full because I put a tad too much.. might empty a wee bit out this week. I'll check again because I might not have got a good reading.
Thanks Northern.
I still have about 70% remaining on my oil and I'll baseline my current level to check consumption or increase in the level. Going to be changing the oil out in about 5000kms so I'll be able to get a few readings before an oil change.
Sponsored