Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Colour me confused @PRL Motorsports ...

You are saying that your Stage 1 intake is better than your SRI?
“ For this reason, a Short Ram Intake System or Air Box is not ideal for the 1.5L Turbo Civic platform. ”
I'll argue that the PRL shortram is even better than a PRL cold air intake IF you have a PRL intercooler. An aftermarket intercooler makes a cold air intake a moot point (except coming off idle where the intercooler isn't intercooling **no air going through it to cool**). I know because I personally tested it to death on this platform. Both PRL's cold air Cobra and short ram are both excellent, no doubt.

This is not to say people or PRL will agree with me on this one. Just sharing my experience. Their short ram is legit (if you have a PRL intercooler....ESPECIALLY with an aggressive tune on stock turbo **More heat**).
Sponsored

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
The Stage 1 Intake will be a bit less susceptible to heat-soak with the fact that the panel filter is encased with the air box, so it will provide more consistent power, especially after heat-soaked.
Hello
Will map (manifold absolute pressure) change after installing cobra cai race version?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Hello
Will map (manifold absolute pressure) change after installing cobra cai race version?
Yes, you need a tune to run the race MAF.

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
Yes, you need a tune to run the race MAF.
Thanks
As of now I'm using ktuner starter maps which give option to select prl race maf option which is not available in stage maps.
Waiting for tsp tune to arrive, previous one they sent was corrupted

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
Quick question for PRL. Does orientation of the MAF housing matter with these cars? I remember tuning older mustangs, and the orientation of the MAF sensor made a big difference on how the car ran. I tried to get the angle as close to OEM as possible when I installed your Cobra kit with race MAF. Thanks in advance. Apologies if this has already been covered.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Quick question for PRL. Does orientation of the MAF housing matter with these cars? I remember tuning older mustangs, and the orientation of the MAF sensor made a big difference on how the car ran. I tried to get the angle as close to OEM as possible when I installed your Cobra kit with race MAF. Thanks in advance. Apologies if this has already been covered.
Yes, orientation does matter. The MAF housing location is identical to factory and is intended to be rotated/oriented as factory. With that being said, an eye-balled orientation will suffice with this intake/car.

Great question! :)

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
Yes, orientation does matter. The MAF housing location is identical to factory and is intended to be rotated/oriented as factory. With that being said, an eye-balled orientation will suffice with this intake/car.

Great question! :)
Awesome. That's all I needed! Thank you for the swift reply!
Sponsored