18CivicLX

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Hey guys, I’m brand new to the forums and brand new to owning a Civic. Just bought a 2018 Civic LX Sedan in Black. Absolutely love the car! Picking it up at 5:30 today so I’ll add photos when I get the car! But I’m just looking for some ideas for the car! It’s my personal and drive to work car. I live up here in Midland, ON. I was thinking of starting off simple and just blacking out all the chrome on the car(hate chrome on black). But I’ve thought of getting a spoiler as well. Depending on prices I might just get the Type R spoiler as I love the look it gives the Civic. But again, I’m here for honest opinions and ideas with some photos!

Thanks! :)
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
For the love of God... please don't put a Type R spoiler on an LX sedan!

OP
OP
18CivicLX

18CivicLX

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had a feeling that wouldn’t get a lot of likes haha completely understand it. I do want, A, spoiler on it. Just not sure what to get. Type R spoiler is really the only one I know of that fits on the Civic nicely. Sounds crazy, but I’ve yet to see the 2018 Si’s spoiler so I’m not sure how it looks

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just go through threads here... you will find something you like

OP
OP
18CivicLX

18CivicLX

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Going to be working on the car this weekend. Had to the week to drive it to work and get comfortable. Absolutely the best decision I made to buy the civic.

Just want to ask the forums; I bought extended warranty, and I want to know if anybody has an idea on what will void my warranty? I want to add performance to the car. Better HP, etc.. before going over the top in cosmetics. So small things like installing CAI, ktuner(unless anyone has a better idea?) I am from Canada(Midland, Ontario) so I’m not too sure what I should be doing to the car. It’s a commute and personal vehicle but I like to drive and have some fun in the vehicle as well! Please give me some ideas for performance enhancements that shouldn’t void a warranty! Thanks!

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Going to be working on the car this weekend. Had to the week to drive it to work and get comfortable. Absolutely the best decision I made to buy the civic.

Just want to ask the forums; I bought extended warranty, and I want to know if anybody has an idea on what will void my warranty? I want to add performance to the car. Better HP, etc.. before going over the top in cosmetics. So small things like installing CAI, ktuner(unless anyone has a better idea?) I am from Canada(Midland, Ontario) so I’m not too sure what I should be doing to the car. It’s a commute and personal vehicle but I like to drive and have some fun in the vehicle as well! Please give me some ideas for performance enhancements that shouldn’t void a warranty! Thanks!
not sure about Canada, but in the USA NOTHING VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY, unless you installed aftermarket part and it failed, damaged your car, that is the ONLY reason to avoid your warranty...

OP
OP
18CivicLX

18CivicLX

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
not sure about Canada, but in the USA NOTHING VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY, unless you installed aftermarket part and it failed, damaged your car, that is the ONLY reason to avoid your warranty...
Yeah I’ll do some research on how it all works here

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
Black car eh? NEVER go through a automatic car wash....best advice I can give you!

Congrats on the new ride!

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
This is not totally true.
Put a "tune" on your engine and then take it to a dealer with engine or trans issues and the dealer will tell you YOU caused the problem because you deviated from stock engine specs, ANY problem that arises will be blamed on the tune.......and their evidence is, it didn't happen until YOU installed the tune.
Have fun fighting with the dealer for months, it's happened to friends of mine.

Omggitsdavid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2000 Honda S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
leave out the type r wing. and just leave as is. so much cleaner. maybe tinted windows. window visors. and some sport/si wheels.
Sponsored