Yumseen LED H11s

Logicwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Ex
Disappointed with the stock halogen bulbs on my 17 Civic EX. Not because of performance, but color temperature and the color difference from the LED driving lights.

I ordered some Phillips Diamond Vision H11s as they are plug and play and it's a very close match.

I came across Yumseen LEDs on Amazon, they look good and at a low price. My question is if anyone has tried these?

Also for HID I know a relay is recommended for install...these plug into the stock harness, would this risk burning the harness up over time because of the draw?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDMVX59/ref=twister_B06XFM3Z9M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

kcwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Like you, I'm disappointed with the color mismatch between the stock halogen LB/HB/Fog and the LED DLR on my 17 Civic EX-L, and looking for a "simple" replacement. I want to avoid adding a relay, and won't rewire (electrical work goes beyond my skills).
The Amazon listing for Phillips Diamond Vision H11s says: "The color temperature of these bulbs is 5000K. Not as bright as OEM. Warning, More Dim than OEM bulbs."
What is your experience of Phillips vs OEM?
Also, which did you replace? LB, HB, Fog, all 3?

OP
OP

Logicwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Ex
Well I replaced the LB for now. I read a few posts that they matched the DLR perfect. In my opinion they are still a tad bit warm, but not yellow. they are a clear white. No blue tint.
I just replaced them yesterday and have not tested them yet. They look great, the brightness seems to be the same, but the throw seems to be a bit shorter. tonight i will be driving through very dark roads with no lighting, and isolated. So i will let you know what i find out.

AegeanHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Well I replaced the LB for now. I read a few posts that they matched the DLR perfect. In my opinion they are still a tad bit warm, but not yellow. they are a clear white. No blue tint.
I just replaced them yesterday and have not tested them yet. They look great, the brightness seems to be the same, but the throw seems to be a bit shorter. tonight i will be driving through very dark roads with no lighting, and isolated. So i will let you know what i find out.
just wondering if you did end up going with the yumseen ones and how they are? Any issues with install? I bought em and will likely pop em in this weekend, but would appreciate your feedback

OP
OP

Logicwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Ex
I decided to order the Yumseen and compare them to the Diamond Vision.
The Diamond vision has a nice cool hue which is a large improvement over stock halogens but still a bit warm to call it a match to the Day LEDs, looks good at night, and the throw is about 5% less than stock.
The yumseen LEDs appear much brighter, I would say a hair under twice as bright as stock halogens.
The throw seems 25% improvement over stock. I have driven around the city with the LEDs but will be driving through isolated dark spots tonight.
Comparison of Lights:
Honda Civic 10th gen Yumseen LED H11s 20170524_171531

Stock Halo at the top, Diamond middle, LED bottom:
Honda Civic 10th gen Yumseen LED H11s PhotoGrid_1495696704733

LED on left, Diamond on right:
Honda Civic 10th gen Yumseen LED H11s PicsArt_05-25-07.42.46

AegeanHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I decided to order the Yumseen and compare them to the Diamond Vision.
The Diamond vision has a nice cool hue which is a large improvement over stock halogens but still a bit warm to call it a match to the Day LEDs, looks good at night, and the throw is about 5% less than stock.
The yumseen LEDs appear much brighter, I would say a hair under twice as bright as stock halogens.
The throw seems 25% improvement over stock. I have driven around the city with the LEDs but will be driving through isolated dark spots tonight.
Thanks man, I'm gonna plug mine in tomorrow and give em a go. I don't need a perfect match to DRL just something cleaner looking

OP
OP

Logicwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Ex
Thanks man, I'm gonna plug mine in tomorrow and give em a go. I don't need a perfect match to DRL just something cleaner looking
I think you will be extremely happy with the LEDs. The match is almost identical to the day LEDs. Also driving around last night convinced me to keep them. They were much brighter than everyone else's lights. Didn't get flashed by anyone. Drove behind a cop. All good. They give off great light. I think I'm going to order the go get lumen ones for the high beams. Going to be replacing all exterior bulbs with LEDs soon.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
I think you will be extremely happy with the LEDs. The match is almost identical to the day LEDs. Also driving around last night convinced me to keep them. They were much brighter than everyone else's lights. Didn't get flashed by anyone. Drove behind a cop. All good. They give off great light. I think I'm going to order the go get lumen ones for the high beams. Going to be replacing all exterior bulbs with LEDs soon.
I have Hikari LEDs in my LB, and it's bright as all sin when you look at the housing. I worried if I was blinding oncoming drivers myself, but I also have never been flashed, and more importantly on a small slow road a cop car was coming the other way. I was pooping my pants worrying that he'd turn his lights on and come back to nail me, but luckily he didn't.
Sponsored