Your trek to the track

Los’fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Being from southern florida, I have 2 tracks available (Sebring and Homestead) and a few autox events that pop up here and there. But even still I have to drive about 1.5-3hrs for every track day!!

How are some of the treks you guys take to get your beloved R to the track??
Sponsored

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Closest one is 3.5 hours one way.

This season ill be driving 4.5, 7, and 8 hours one way for 3 different tracks. 2 of which Ive never been to before.

moonrobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW
Country flag
2 hours one way for the "home" track (Ridge Motorsports Park). ~4-5 hours one way for the "away" (Oregon Raceway Park) track.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I always feel like we don't have enough tracks around here. But when I look elsewhere, I realize how fortunate I am.

I have multiple that are 45 minutes from me. AZ Motorsports Park and then WildHorse Pass. Right now WHP has 5 different tracks (including Radford school and a once a year Mondo combination track). But some or all of those are going away this year.

Then I have a new track Podium Club 1:15 away, which I'm going to this month and next.

After that are 2 tracks both 3.5 hours away. INDE that is a 1-2 times a year track and Chuckwalla, which I've never been to (yet). There is an event this year at High Plains, at 14 hours that I'm thinking about, but finding it hard to justify the drive.

Am I spoiled? Cuz it doesn't feel like it.

Zudican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
This is awesome!!
Yeah man! I absolutely can’t wait, I just got Enkei 18s and new Advan v601s, doing a AC Delco trans fluid, rbf600 brake fluid and clutch bleed, and an oil change week before the event. I really wanna change my coolant and radiator and radiator hoses to the PRL but gonna see how my temps are when I go. I just did the pads all the way around with oem and the rotors are still the stocks with 24k miles. Soon I’m gonna get a track brake setup as this is still my daily. Then all I need is some spark plugs and seat time! Currently FBO Flex Fuel. Can’t wait to see how the car handles and what kinda times I’ll put down my first time!

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I always feel like we don't have enough tracks around here. But when I look elsewhere, I realize how fortunate I am.

I have multiple that are 45 minutes from me. AZ Motorsports Park and then WildHorse Pass. Right now WHP has 5 different tracks (including Radford school and a once a year Mondo combination track). But some or all of those are going away this year.

Then I have a new track Podium Club 1:15 away, which I'm going to this month and next.

After that are 2 tracks both 3.5 hours away. INDE that is a 1-2 times a year track and Chuckwalla, which I've never been to (yet). There is an event this year at High Plains, at 14 hours that I'm thinking about, but finding it hard to justify the drive.

Am I spoiled? Cuz it doesn't feel like it.
High Plains as in High Plains Raceway in Colorado? Thats like 12 hours from me, but my neighbor who has been there tells me that it was riot when they attended an event there. Id love to go sometime.

I have about a half a dozen tracks near me that are within 3-7 hours
- Brainerd International Raceway
- Blackhawk Farms Raceway
- Autobahn Country Club
- Gingerman Raceway
- Road America
- Raceway Park of the Midlands (formerly Mid America Motorplex)

OP
OP
Los’fk8

Los’fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Yeah man! I absolutely can’t wait, I just got Enkei 18s and new Advan v601s, doing a AC Delco trans fluid, rbf600 brake fluid and clutch bleed, and an oil change week before the event. I really wanna change my coolant and radiator and radiator hoses to the PRL but gonna see how my temps are when I go. I just did the pads all the way around with oem and the rotors are still the stocks with 24k miles. Soon I’m gonna get a track brake setup as this is still my daily. Then all I need is some spark plugs and seat time! Currently FBO Flex Fuel. Can’t wait to see how the car handles and what kinda times I’ll put down my first time!
Seems like you are pushing plenty of power already so getting that seat time is going to feel great probably. Just with wheels and tires the R is a beast on the track. I definitely am no world burner (I get scared easily trying to brake late haha) but these cars can handle like monsters

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I neglected to put my downpipe on and retune my car last year simply because the car has plenty of power as is and my money was better spent getting seat time.

This year though, because tuning prices were going to go up, I opted to buy an E-tune and will put my DP on finally and be FBO. Still staying on pump though.

OP
OP
Los’fk8

Los’fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I neglected to put my downpipe on and retune my car last year simply because the car has plenty of power as is and my money was better spent getting seat time.

This year though, because tuning prices were going to go up, I opted to buy an E-tune and will put my DP on finally and be FBO. Still staying on pump though.
I dont regret my build path but honestly looking back, this is what I shouldve done. I went FBO basically right away and now Im tracking her. I love the sound and the power but with my limited skills, honestly, Im pushing maybe 40% of this car’s true potential hahaha

Zudican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hoping to get an instructor that has a type r and tell him to tell me when to gas and brake and turn like a rally driver. SCREAM IT AT ME. Lol. I’ll push it as far as they tell me lmao!

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Roebling Road is my home track, I live 3 minutes away. Doing my first HPDE with NASA in April! Super excited!
Jeli! Go get that seat time. You won't regret it :)
High Plains as in High Plains Raceway in Colorado? Thats like 12 hours from me, but my neighbor who has been there tells me that it was riot when they attended an event there. Id love to go sometime.
Yes. NASA AZ is doing a multi-regional there August 12-13. Would be even more tempting if you were going to be there...
High Plains Raceway (w/NASA Rocky Mtn) - #DRIVENASA - Arizona Region | We Drive Harder! (nasaaz.com)
Sponsored