Your Dont need a Volume Knob!

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
How does mute work on the higher end infotainment unit? I could look in the manual, but it's more fun to find out this way.
Because my hatchback doesn't have the swipe-slider on the steering wheel, Mute is either tap the rocker switch "Down" over and over as fast as possible, or tap the slider area on the screen and then tap the small "Mute" button at the bottom of the slider that appears.

Sucks, really.

[edit]

If I'm using CarPlay, though (which I do about 95% of the time), it's easiest to tap the big Pause button on the screen.
Sponsored

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
Because my hatchback doesn't have the swipe-slider on the steering wheel, Mute is either tap the rocker switch "Down" over and over as fast as possible, or tap the slider area on the screen and then tap the small "Mute" button at the bottom of the slider that appears.

Sucks, really.

[edit]

If I'm using CarPlay, though (which I do about 95% of the time), it's easiest to tap the big Pause button on the screen.
Maybe I should manufacture / market / sell a rubber insert / overlay "EASY" button for the base Civic stereo lol.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I sure hope the Tesla 3 gets even 1% of the "outrage" spewed on it for its "minimal" (to say the least) provision of things like volume knobs that Honda has had.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hate Tesla's system. Takes your entire focus to do anything on those screens and that is a hazard while you are driving.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I hate Tesla's system. Takes your entire focus to do anything on those screens and that is a hazard while you are driving.
That's what I'm concerned about with Tesla. I have a feeling it'll take me five minutes of a test drive to go, "Nope." I'll give it a fair shot anyway.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Couldn't agree more. That big screen just screams "stare down at me, play with me". But, hey, I've never lost a moment of sleep over the lack of a volume knob in the 10th gen Civic.

Rugergeek72

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
For me it really depends on the knob itself. I've had too many god awful feeling knobs in my life that I'm ok with them skipping it entirely than putting a cheap one on there. I'm sure I'm the minority, but if the knob doesn't feel good, it's not worth having.
That's what she said.
Sponsored