Your Dont need a Volume Knob!

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
I didn't want to read through 13 pages to see if anyone mentioned this yet but... doesn't the volume slider act as a volume clicker as well? push the top of the slider for volume up and bottom of the slider for volume down.
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I didn't want to read through 13 pages to see if anyone mentioned this yet but... doesn't the volume slider act as a volume clicker as well? push the top of the slider for volume up and bottom of the slider for volume down.
Yes - push or slide except in the hatchback and Si where the slide feature has been disabled.

sidhu2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
Don't know if someone covered this before, but a quick downslide on the touch screen volume menu also acts as a mute. Not for a debate here about it's usefulness, just wanted to let you guys know.

frankd53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Don't know if someone covered this before, but a quick downslide on the touch screen volume menu also acts as a mute. Not for a debate here about it's usefulness, just wanted to let you guys know.
And a rapid down-swipe on the steering wheel volume control pad also does a mute.

rjcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I agree, but I also still have a reflex sometimes where I want to reach over and crank the dial all the way up.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
It's like having a phantom limb. You lose an arm and for a while you still reach out and try and grab something with that arm you used to have.

iAaronHD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Definitely disagree with this. It's something that I will never like but I'm the driver so I get to use the steering wheel controls which are far less exasperating. It has nothing to do with not accepting change, that's the most cliche' go to notion in the books. What was implemented is literally less convenient...that's it. If the replacement worked just as good as, or better, than a physical knob then there would be far less complaints.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Coming from a car that didn't have any steering wheel control to one that does 10/10 time I use the volume clicker/slider on the steering wheel since I am the driver anyways. So no complaints from me in not having a volume knob.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Coming from a car that didn't have any steering wheel control to one that does 10/10 time I use the volume clicker/slider on the steering wheel since I am the driver anyways. So no complaints from me in not having a volume knob.
No complaints from me, either, but my wife, as the passenger, hates the touchscreen control. She has to ask me to change the volume instead.

(sure, I keep thinking of Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan...)

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
No complaints from me, either, but my wife, as the passenger, hates the touchscreen control. She has to ask me to change the volume instead.

(sure, I keep thinking of Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan...)
That's what being a husbands all about. It's the little things that show you love your wife :p

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
That's what being a husbands all about. It's the little things that show you love your wife :p
Yeah, I should take any chance I can get. :D

"I'll turn it down for you because I wuv u soooo much!

*gag* lol

LKN

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Country flag
I think it would be better to have a knob... but to me it doesn't matter since I only use the steering wheel controls (like every driver should... easier/safer/better once you get used to them). The steering wheel control slider is AWESOME once you get used to that... one of the coolest/best control innovations on any car I've owned. It took me about 400 miles (granted I did this over 2 days) to fully train my muscle memory for it.

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
I think it would be better to have a knob... but to me it doesn't matter since I only use the steering wheel controls (like every driver should... easier/safer/better once you get used to them). The steering wheel control slider is AWESOME once you get used to that... one of the coolest/best control innovations on any car I've owned. It took me about 400 miles (granted I did this over 2 days) to fully train my muscle memory for it.
The center of the volume knob is also the power (mute) button. Would have been nice to have a mute control on the steering wheel, but just the same, it didn't take much practice to find the volume knob without even looking.

How does mute work on the higher end infotainment unit? I could look in the manual, but it's more fun to find out this way.
Sponsored