Your Dont need a Volume Knob!

astein244@

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic LX Manual,1995 Civic Del Sol SI 278k,1995 BMW M3 5 speed (rip),1992 SC300 5 speedl(rip),2005 Is300 5 speed(rip)
I'm getting really sick and tired of hearing this. Your have the most cutting edge volume control since the knob on your steering wheel. Literally at your fingertips. Your hand doesn't even need to come off of the wheel.

Please tell me how this is an issue and why people complain about it.
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Change is hard.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't feel as strongly about it as others seem to, but I still think a physical knob is better. It's tactile and offer some feed back, it's intuitive and simple, and it lets you do fine and large adjustments more easily.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
I don't have a volume knob on my tv, on my surround sound amp, nor on the remote controls that go with them. It works fine.
Hold everything! You don't have volume knobs on your remote controls? Lol...Jk! But they probably do have a volume rocker, which is easier to control than the slider on the head unit. Some of you may have your spouses completely under control, but I don't, and my wife doesn't really like the touch only volume control on the head unit.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag

whaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, Black w/ Ivory interior
Country flag
Hold everything! You don't have volume knobs on your remote controls? Lol...Jk! But they probably do have a volume rocker, which is easier to control than the slider on the head unit. Some of you may have your spouses completely under control, but I don't, and my wife doesn't really like the touch only volume control on the head unit.
So that should make it easier to keep her from touching it! :p

slick316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, 2017 Mercedes E300 4Matic
Country flag
Call me old fashioned, but I like a good old volume knob. The touch sensitive buttons in the civic get annoying if you accidentally slide your finger. I disabled the touch function on the steering wheel volume control and basically use that for volume only.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
For me it really depends on the knob itself. I've had too many god awful feeling knobs in my life that I'm ok with them skipping it entirely than putting a cheap one on there. I'm sure I'm the minority, but if the knob doesn't feel good, it's not worth having.

Phenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it would be nice if the volume on the touchscreen had similar tactile qualities as the one on the steering wheel, but it's no biggie to me at all. Like you said, the one on the steering wheel is right there and nobody else needs to be fiddling with my volume anyway.
It took me a few days before I got used to the volume slider on the steering wheel. I still sometimes crank the heat up to 80 when I hear a good song--muscle memory is hard to retrain.
:rofl:. I've caught my self before doing that a couple of times.

whaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, Black w/ Ivory interior
Country flag
Would you replace your old-fashioned steering wheel with a cutting edge touchscreen wheel angle control?
No, because I need to make constant, precise adjustments to the steering the entire time my car is in motion, in contrast to the infinitely less frequent need to change the volume.

OP
OP
astein244@

astein244@

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic LX Manual,1995 Civic Del Sol SI 278k,1995 BMW M3 5 speed (rip),1992 SC300 5 speedl(rip),2005 Is300 5 speed(rip)
I just don't get it, I can slide the dial up faster than I can spin a knob. Fine tune adjustments are easier with a button than a dial. None of you are driving a manual so taking your hands off the wheel to turn a knob would actually be more movements than the steering wheel control.

Just my thought process. I have a 2015 Manual (i have a dial and steering wheel control)and I only ever use my steering wheel control
Sponsored