Votes: 57 22.0%

• Total voters

TigerSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan White
Country flag
Did my 1st Oil & Filter on my New to me 2018 Si. I went after a WIX but that was not available and went with the Mobile M 110A so many of you have liked. My oil was very smelly and darker than what I perceived when looking at it on the dipstick. Motor is just a tad quieter smoother so it was due. At what miles on the oil will it start to smell fuel enriched? Is this somewhat the expectation on these 10th gen turbo engines?
Sponsored

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Did my 1st Oil & Filter on my New to me 2018 Si. I went after a WIX but that was not available and went with the Mobile M 110A so many of you have liked. My oil was very smelly and darker than what I perceived when looking at it on the dipstick. Motor is just a tad quieter smoother so it was due. At what miles on the oil will it start to smell fuel enriched? Is this somewhat the expectation on these 10th gen turbo engines?
I change mine every 10-12k km, usually the oil minder says 50%. The oil will start smelling like fuel after a few thousand km, it's normal on most DI engines.

TheOldMan

First Name
J. F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mini Convertible, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The Mobil1 M-110A always tests very well, excellent construction, 99+% efficiency. I've used them for the last 10 years without any issues with the filter or the engine it was used on. The Honda A01 (Filtech) is decent and acceptable, but the A02 (Fram) is, although meeting "spec", is pretty marginal. Probably, with 5k changes works ok, but the overall construction, cardboard end caps, thin case & cheap ADB, doesn't inspire confidence. The Mobil1 is so well made, just gives me a lot more confidence. YMMV
I've been using that exact filter on my 1999 Honda Shadow for over 20 years.
Sponsored