Your choice of driving shoes for manual transmission?

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
Nike killshots for me. I would love to wear my ultraboost while driving since they're comftorable but I can't heel toe downshift in them ):
Sponsored

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You guys wear special shoes to drive? I've driven in sneakers, dress shoes, boots, and everything in between. Didn't know it was such a special occasion that required special footwear... Off the track and not in a race car.
Yeah I drive in heavy traffic every day so I like a dedicated pair of shoes for driving, pedal feel is a lot better for me if I'm using the same shoes everyday

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
You use the vans oldskools? Kind of want hi tops but I feel it's going to be a pain to tie everytime, kinda just want a shoe I can slip on in 2 secs
High tops usually but honestly anything vans and I'm in. Love feeling the pedals through my shoes. Feels almost as real as old clutch work.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Link’s iron boots. Jk. I currently wear water resistant hiking shoes. I tend to like heavier shoes. Makes it easier to press the clutch especially driving for 8+hrs

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
I've warn my slippers quite a few times but mostly any shoe that's comfy and I wear around and about, nike air, dc shoes. Hell work boots, steal toes.

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
I have a pair of Nike Flyknit Racers in the "acai berry" colorway that are my extra-breathable to & from the gym shoes. They're light weight & narrow and make for solid driving shoes.

Honda Civic 10th gen Your choice of driving shoes for manual transmission? nike-flyknit-racer-hyper-orange-vivid-purple

Honda Civic 10th gen Your choice of driving shoes for manual transmission? nike-flyknit-racer-hyper-orange-vivid-purple-3

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
careful driving in flip-flops they have a way of getting tangled up in the pedals.

sashavalenzano55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mwv q5
Do you have any special preferences in terms of shoes? For example, the color or maybe some specific details. I often buy shoes for myself, and I could advise you on something to your taste. Usually, sports sneakers are used for racing and riding in general since they have a more durable sole. During heavy loads on foot, such shoes help to distribute the force with which you put pressure on your foot to avoid muscle tears and other injuries. I go to the gym and order my sneakers on https://www.tennisshoez.com/marking-vs-non-marking/ since I often practice tennis or just run on the track. I think many examples will suit you since there is a wide range of models for every taste and loads.

Last edited:

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
Jordan 1 Low's get em

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
Wolverine engineer boots because there's a ton of room.
Try some "hey dude" that are about as light as socks ......well kind of.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There’s no wrong answer.
Whatever is on the shoe rack.