Your android auto / carplay experience thus far? (been good for me - so far)

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I have an EX-L without navi and I can use Apple Maps to navigate. It gives turn by turn just like it does on an iPhone. You can view the map without putting in a destination and then it obviously doesn't do turn by turn because there's no navigation. I find navigation using Apple Maps to be much more intuitive than any automaker's built-in system.
I was referring to the turn by turn on the Driver Information Interface (only available with Navi). It's a lot easier to look at when driving than it is to look at the touchscreen.
It's not a big deal but it would have been nice to be able to glance down instead of down and to the right.
Sponsored

jburrowes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I was referring to the turn by turn on the Driver Information Interface (only available with Navi). It's a lot easier to look at when driving than it is to look at the touchscreen.
It's not a big deal but it would have been nice to be able to glance down instead of down and to the right.
Ahh. No, just on the touchscreen. I wish there was a way to display the song and artist on the Driver Information Interface for Car Play and satellite, but that's not the end of the world either.

bm53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Anyone figure out a way to play/pause songs using the wheel? Songs occasionally pause for no reason, and I don't really want to go back to the touch screen.

Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh. No, just on the touchscreen. I wish there was a way to display the song and artist on the Driver Information Interface for Car Play and satellite, but that's not the end of the world either.
I use Apple Music via CarPlay and it shows Song, Artist, and the album artwork on the Driver Info Interface. For Sirius I think it just shows station/song artwork and the name of the station you're on.

Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone noticed that Apple Music doesn't show the album artwork sometimes on the Driver Information Interface seemingly at random? Anyone know the cause/fix?

Jay Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Has anyone noticed that Apple Music doesn't show the album artwork sometimes on the Driver Information Interface seemingly at random? Anyone know the cause/fix?
Never happened to me... It's always there. What i want is the artwork on the big 7 inch screen...

FLcardio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Just a week into using carplay on my new Civic touring and so far no real major issues. I'm extremely comfortable with technology/computers in general so the overall Honda interface doesn't really bother me. Yea it's certainly not intuitive in places though after playing around with it for just a little bit I have it down.

This is my first experience with carplay. I am a huge apple fan, currently using macbook, ipad and iphone so the interface itself is very familiar. The interface isn't as speedy as if you were doing the same functions on your phone but it's certainly ok for now. Maps works well though I do wish they would eventually open it up to using google maps. One of the only stumbles I've had so far is with a third party app, Downcast, which I use to listen to podcasts. At times It can be pretty slow and take some time to start playing a podcast once I select it though I chaulk that up to the app itself and not necessarily to carplay or Honda.

I gave up on apple's own Podcast app a long time ago well before it underwent a bunch of updates. Is anyone using the builtin podcast app? Does it work well on carplay?

Jay Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
For me the the podcast app works flawlessly. But it's another story for Spotify. Often it just hangs when i try to start it from the head unit. Sometimes i have to start it on the phone which is a iPhone 6s plus on 9.3.1. I just bought a Nexus 6p i will compare the 2 of them and see which one works better.

rvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 LX
Doesn't work for me. In my country google maps doesn't work well. Hope they bring Waze as an alternative of Google Maps in android.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Android Auto works great on my LG G2, it has a custom rom (built off of the main LG rom but stripped down) and running custom kernel...I have xposed framework on there with an app to limit what runs in the background, but works fine if I add it to the approved apps list.
Sponsored