Your android auto / carplay experience thus far? (been good for me - so far)

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
My CarPlay / BT for iOS is now dead.

I've reset the phone, started from new. Changed cables. Everything I could do.

At this point I'm unsure if it's the phone or the car. Tested with another iPhone 7 Plus running 10.3.2, nothing.
Probably the car somehow if it didn't work with two phones.

Have you restarted/rebooted the car system? This even cleared up some stuttering playback on mine the other day.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cobrati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
Country flag
Had an iPhone 6 when I bought the car and recently switched to a Moto G5 Plus so I've used both carplay and aa in my '17 ex-t. Both have worked fine but I really don't like, for a system that generally prides itself on NOT being super locked down, how restrictive aa can be. With carplay I could scroll through all of my music playlists, podcasts, or anything else I wanted to on the screen. But with aa I can't do that. . .because of safety. In any given app they only allow you 6 actions before locking the screen. I know you can use voice commands but 1) it doesn't always understand what you're saying and 2) I have over 80 music playlists, not to mention podcasts, on my phone and don't keep them all memorized and know exactly what I want to listen to at any given time. So it locks you out from using the nice big screen on the dash and forces you to either just not do what you wanted to do or fiddle around with the phone (what they're trying to stop you from doing in the first place) just to be able to navigate to whatever you were looking for.

Apart from that, I've rather enjoyed aa, mostly for getting my google maps navigation back. Not any better than carplay though and you have to understand you need to find/use apps that are aa compatible. Carplay is locked down by what apps you can use too but I feel Apple did a better job of putting all the apps most people would actually commonly use (phone, music, podcasts, etc) on there so you don't need to go looking around to find something that does what you want AND will be compatible.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
My phone used to connect and activate Android auto almost instantly. but a few weeks ago It stopped and now it takes like a good 1min to 2min to accept the phone is there and connect. I assume this might be use to wear on the cables plug so I'm yet to try another cable and see where the issue lies. Over all very happy with it. Wish google would bring back the nice wallpaper with the trees and mountains tho. :(
Sponsored