Your 10th Gen Is this a hype ting or lifetime ting?

Are you driving your 10th Gen to the ground or leasing/selling before its dead?

• Total voters

veritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L
Country flag
Plan on keeping it 3-5 years then upgrading.
Sponsored

TurboRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Oops I did it again … sold my 2017 Sport Touring :doh: ... Just worked out the math … I was able to sell my Civic to Carmax and get into an Acura ILX for $200 less per month. :headbang:… yup you read right. The Sport Touring was almost $30G new, the 2016 ILX $15,999 (from OffLeaseOnly) It's one year older, but has same mileage as Civic (25k). & I do like it better. The electronics work better, the stereo sounds better, It has leather, GPS, technology package, a solid 200 hp K24 motor, 8 speed dual clutch automatic with torque converter.

BEST of all, the f'ing Collision Mitigation crap stays off when I turn it off on the Acura!!!! YUP (unlike the Civic which turns itself back on every time I switch off the car,)... that shyt nearly killed me a couple times on the Civic. This feature alone is worth the change!!! :beer:

Plus, the $30k Civic was in the dealer twice to fix the GPS - & it was still fuct up when I sold it. You never know what's gonna happen with cars! The Civic was a good car, But I'm happy with the ILX :love:

PS: I took ILX to the autocross with some Federal RSRR tires - it handles shockingly well!! exceeded my expectations.
I even got complimented by one of the Miata drivers - that's how good it ran! :drive:

Last edited:

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Civic just turned 3 years old, this is usually the time i change car but mine has only 37000 km and i absolutely don't plan to sell it.
I decided to keep it as long as possible because it will almost certainly be my last manual car, there is just no alternative here, all the other cars over 150 hp are automatic only.

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
I was mostly looking at compact hondas so my decision was long term by nature. I don’t know how much I like the 9th gen Si’s as I never got to test drive them myself (learned manual on my hatch). But the 10th ultimately won out on paper because of its insane practicality plus aftermarket support. Hatch, never seen below 25mpg, honda reliability, and turbo sounds. If I really think about it, mpg is the biggest factor here. On my previous 4cyl cars I would get like 17mpg average, only 25+ if I drove like a grandma. Feels good blasting the turbo around town and still getting good overall mileage

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oops I did it again … sold my 2017 Sport Touring :doh: ... Just worked out the math … I was able to sell my Civic to Carmax and get into an Acura ILX for $200 less per month. :headbang:… yup you read right. The Sport Touring was almost $30G new, the 2016 ILX $15,999 (from OffLeaseOnly) It's one year older, but has same mileage as Civic ($25k). & I do like it better. The electronics work better, the stereo sounds better, It has leather, GPS, technology package, a solid 200 hp K24 motor, 8 speed dual clutch automatic with torque converter, etc.
BEST of all, on the Acura, the f'ing Collision Mitigation crap stays off when I turn it off!!!! YUP (unlike the Civic which turns itself back on every time I switch off the car,)... that shyt nearly killed me a couple times on the Civic. This feature alone is worth the change!!! :beer:

Plus, the $30k Civic was in the dealer twice to fix the GPS - & it was still fuct up when I sold it. You never know what's gonna happen with cars! The Civic was a good car, But I love the ILX :love:

PS: I took ILX to the autocross with some Federal RSRR tires - it handles shockingly well!!
Exceeded all expectations. I got complimented by one of the Miata drivers.
:drive:
No kidding, that's how good it ran!
Interesting. Most people have decidedly negative opinions about the ILX. I think it’s fine, but the olde platform is noticeable from the 10th gen Civic. I do agree the DCT is great though.

randomisjustfine

First Name
Tadas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I will do my best to keep it until wheels falls off. BUT that new Type S coming out and performance wagons finally coming to US will throw a wrench in my plans. Must resist. I hope all these new cars somehow suck and I won’t be under the threat. I want to graduate to a Porsche from my successful run with Honda products. And it would help if I keep this si for 10-15 years. Might still keep a Honda as a dd.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
We are about to hit 2 years now with the Civic and I think it is a keeper. The plan going forward will likely be to replace the 2010 CRV with a 2020 or 2021 CRV EX-L or maybe Touring. If we can time things right and the 2010 is still in good shape, perhaps gift it to our son as he is now old enough to drive but doesn't NEED a car. Yet...

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I like my Si a lot, and would to expect to keep it for a while, but ya never know when a bug gets in ya. I would like something a little higher end, but with similar driving capabilities, or better, but that was beyond my budget. I may consider something higher end but used next time, however, Hondas always fit me well, so it's hard to consider others.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I voted keeping it long term but we shall see. The practical side of me wants to just run it into the ground, especially since it'll be paid off soon. HOWEVER, i failed to get agean blue (6 months into ownership and I regret it), so we'll see what I end up doing. I think around 4-5 years i'll be having an itch for a newer car.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put less than 5000 KM (~3100 miles) on it the first year so I expect to be able to keep it for a long time. Usually if I fuel up at the end of one month I can skip the next one altogether.
Sponsored