you guys are right these civics are chip magnets.

losplo

First Name
Mikein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Marcedes
Country flag
have had my hb for 4 months and 3k miles. Never had so many paint chips and window chips in any car i have even owned.

i avoid large trucks and following too close. if its continues at this rate i will have to get a hood and front bumper repainted in a couple of years

Thanks
Walmart one
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Ha. I read this post and thought to myself: man, this sounds really familiar.

Recently I've noticed a bunch of weird posts on civicx from individuals with no prior posting history. Many seem to end up in the off-topic and audio/nav/electronics forums. I think most of these are a form of spam; they usually include links to random websites, with a tenuous (at best) connection to the topic at hand. This one isn't spam...but, it's certainly weird. Not sure what to make of it.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Frankly, I was in my Civic for 1.5yrs with a meager 11K miles and never experienced the paint chipping on the body of the vehicle; nor on the windows.
These topics don't pertain to a Honda Quality issue at all - they are all independent and an experience that anyone in any vehicle can experience based on simple driving conditions.
It is something that should be acknowledged when submerging yourself around others.

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
have had my hb for 4 months and 3k miles. Never had so many paint chips and window chips in any car i have even owned.

i avoid large trucks and following too close. if its continues at this rate i will have to get a hood and front bumper repainted in a couple of years
Your absolutely right....the paint are very weak...I barely heat up the turbo sticker to take it off and when I pull the sticker off the weak cheap disgusting paint came off too like what da actual fuck

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
Yeah I am not too happy about the paint on our Civic either. We had PPF on our Tundra couldn't find a single chip on it. We have the same PPF on our civic and it still gets chips probably just going to got a new hood in a couple years or so at this point. So far no chips on our Camaro yet.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Ha. I read this post and thought to myself: man, this sounds really familiar.

Recently I've noticed a bunch of weird posts on civicx from individuals with no prior posting history. Many seem to end up in the off-topic and audio/nav/electronics forums. I think most of these are a form of spam; they usually include links to random websites, with a tenuous (at best) connection to the topic at hand. This one isn't spam...but, it's certainly weird. Not sure what to make of it.
A bot or person plagiarizing legit posts to establish a history before trying to scam people?

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
A bot or person plagiarizing legit posts to establish a history before trying to scam people?
That does seem to be the most likely explanation. I see that sort of thing on Reddit all the time - new users plagiarizing older popular posts, presumably to reap boatloads of undeserved karma. There are a lot of users on civicx, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see this tactic in action here.
Sponsored