you guys are right these civics are chip magnets.

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
have had my hb for 4 months and 3k miles. Never had so many paint chips and window chips in any car i have even owned.

i avoid large trucks and following too close. if its continues at this rate i will have to get a hood and front bumper repainted in a couple of years
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
No doubt. I've owned a lot of cars and this one has the softest paint, by far. Looks great from a distance though. Unfortunately, paint has never been a Honda strength.

markc72

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L w/NAVI
Country flag
It's also a dent magnet as well. I have had dents fixed about 3 times and I'll have to go for my 4th because stupid people keep banging there doors on the flimsy door.

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
I am glad I had paint protection film installed on the whole front end. It would look a whole lot worse on my black civic if I didn't as I drive a lot of highway miles.

krytikel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatchback
Country flag
I honestly think its the paint that all the car companies are using. I used to think it was just the brighter colors or because I am lowered but it seems like everyone I know with newer vehicles have this issue. The only color that I have seen that is not affected that much is white.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I have had my car for 4 months. I have had 6 or 7 chips out of the paint on the front end. Luckily a close friend is a detailer. He has helped me cut and blend the touch ups. Going next week to have 3M film put on bumper, hood and fenders. Hopefully I won't have to fix other chips around the car after that.

Its the new water based paints. They're garbage.

Last edited:

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
it is the new water based paints.my camaro also has this problem.you can use a sharpie thats the right color and fix all the tiny nicks without having issues where the paint stands out after its been retouched

Anonymous8Bit

First Name
Jernelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Would wax or auto paint sealant help with this at all? Just wondering because I’m having someone come wash and wax the car, they offer auto paint sealant that’s supposed to last a year

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Would wax or auto paint sealant help with this at all? Just wondering because I’m having someone come wash and wax the car, they offer auto paint sealant that’s supposed to last a year
Unless it is ceramic coating, it probably won't help at all. Even ceramic coating won't do much. You need a film paint protection. Its worth it.

runintoluck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIvic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These cars chip really easy. If they bother you the only surefire way to protect against most of them is with ppf. I’m glad I have it. There have been countless times when some truck on the freeway has stuff just flying out its bed that without the ppf my car would be toast.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They’re indeed chic magnets and I’ve a matching plate to go with it.

Honda Civic 10th gen you guys are  right these civics are chip magnets. 4D015CFE-D897-4C64-A580-7E74690AAA3B
Sponsored