saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
As I scan this forum I notice a lot of threads stating that my SI is too slow or my Type R is for the price you pay it is a pretty good performance economy car that’s the key word “ economy” Let go back in time the Ford Mustang was based off an economy car the falcon the Camaro based off an Chevy II ( nova) Dodge Challenger based off an dart
all three pony cars where based off an a economy car muscle cars were based off a midsize car ( actually the only difference was a HO big block with a tuned suspension) such as a chevelle a Torino and a Belvedere (satellite) and you had many performance versions of many cars like a Chevy vega 1975 to 1977 cosworth which had a twin cam fuel
injected four cylinder my point is that a civic today has just as much power as a performance car in the past yes there are cars today that are faster but your going to pay more for it Just like years ago And just for laughs a good enough bicyclists could probably keep Up with a first generation civic. for example my friend had a restored all original 1970 chevelle SS with a 454 LS 5 and the M22 ( rock crusher) four speed on a highway in New York a 9 th gen Civic SI coupe was racing along side of us the chevelle could not shake this car off a certain points the civic pulled away from us the civic is a decent car for what it is even the 2.0 got some power compared to some earlier V8s
so be happy with your civic SI Type R and EX turbo you can always tune it to go faster or handle better ( within reason ) which makes this car versatile like the old enco boxes in the past
this comment may be long winded or beating a dead horse what ever it is I’m trying to make a point of what you own and drive I’m very happy with my 2018 EX-T coupe with a CVT If you’re not happy with this model car than go ahead and buy a 700 Hp mustang,Camaro,challenger but look at your wallet owning one ( gas,ins,lack of reliability)
this is my opinion
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You're preaching to my choir. I'm with you 100%, brother!

In particular, it's amazing how many Si owners are saying that their car is underpowered. Think about it. Basically 25K gets you 200hp/tq, LSD, LED headlights, a full safety suite, great gas mileage, reliability, etc.

25K these days is cheap car territory. Yeah obviously more power would be awesome from the factory but a mild tune gives you plenty more ooomph.

I just wonder if all those people complaining bought the wrong car. The Si is a fantastic sport economy car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
You're preaching to my choir. I'm with you 100%, brother!

In particular, it's amazing how many Si owners are saying that their car is underpowered. Think about it. Basically 25K gets you 200hp/tq, LSD, LED headlights, a full safety suite, great gas mileage, reliability, etc.

25K these days is cheap car territory. Yeah obviously more power would be awesome from the factory but a mild tune gives you plenty more ooomph.

I just wonder if all those people complaining bought the wrong car. The Si is a fantastic sport economy car.
Thanks
I knew what I was getting into when I purchased my civic although it’s not a SI I’m pretty satisfied with the performance of the EX-T
Sponsored