Yonaka Civic Si Coupe Exhaust won't bolt up...

OP
OP
JT Si

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
With the PRL frontpipe, the Yonaka exhaust bolted up without any major issues.

Minor issues:

1) The nuts and bolts Yonaka included are shit and clearly not grade 8.8 since one of the nuts rounded off the threads of a bolt with the nut threaded on 4 threads deep.

I ordered replacement high grade hardware so I can rest assured there are no leaks and they won't strip the threads.

2) The factory hangers leave the exhaust far, far too low.

I measured how big mounts should be to nestle the muffler and tips up in the cutout nicely and I have ordered some. Once they get here and I replace the hardware and mounts and ensure it all works well together I'll post more about the mounts and hardware I chose.

In total I'll have spent around $50 on additional hardware to make the exhaust work as it should have, which brings the price from $450 to ~$500. Still an excellent bargain for 3" 304 stainless and an excellent sound.

I'll update once I get the new hangers and hardware.

Honda Civic 10th gen Yonaka Civic Si Coupe Exhaust won't bolt up... IMG_20200607_160658__01

Honda Civic 10th gen Yonaka Civic Si Coupe Exhaust won't bolt up... IMG_20200607_160653__01__01

Last edited:

Soroushshah

First Name
Soroush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
With the PRL frontpipe, the Yonaka exhaust bolted up without any major issues.

Minor issues:

1) The nuts and bolts Yonaka included are shit and clearly not grade 8.8 since one of the nuts rounded off the threads of a bolt with the nut threaded on 4 threads deep.

I ordered replacement high grade hardware so I can rest assured there are no leaks and they won't strip the threads.

2) The factory hangers leave the exhaust far, far too low.

I measured how big mounts should be to nestle the muffler and tips up in the cutout nicely and I have ordered some. Once they get here and I replace the hardware and mounts and ensure it all works well together I'll post more about the mounts and hardware I chose.

In total I'll have spent around $50 on additional hardware to make the exhaust work as it should have, which brings the price from $450 to ~$500. Still an excellent bargain for 3" 304 stainless and an excellent sound.

I'll update once I get the new hangers and hardware.

IMG_20200607_160658__01.jpg

IMG_20200607_160653__01__01.jpg
were ya able to get a better fitment with the aftermarket hangers?

OP
OP
JT Si

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
were ya able to get a better fitment with the aftermarket hangers?
Lol I did say I'd update, didn't I? I replaced the 4 rear hangers with these torque solutions ones. It did help nestle the exhaust up and it's been alright now for over 10,000 miles. I have banged/scraped the exhaust but that's due to being lowered and driving on broken down old gravel/dirt and BLM roads, not really the exhausts fault. I shouldn't treat the car, especially with what I've done to it, as an off road vehicle.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273494753755
Sponsored