Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R / Reviews

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
Are lots of CTR's experiencing overheating in so-cal? Did 7 track days up here, 3 hot ones. Flat out 30-40 min sessions. No issues. Except running out of gas in corners because was running on empty on fist day. Once we realized issue I keep tank full an reset trip, after 100 to 130 KM on track zero it's time to gas her up with 94 octane. Leaves about 10L to spare. Have another CTR in my club. Was at track on same days as me. Same for him, no issues. We simply open hood after track sessions an do a proper cool down lap at the end. It was about 26 Celcius on those days.
Depends on the track, but yes. On a relatively cool day (for Socal) someone reported their oil temp going to 270 on their stock cooling car. People are starting to swap out the grill for something with better cooling.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/ctr-overheating.12739/ The later pages have more info specifically for track stuff/more recent developments.
Sponsored

Type R 761

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic type R and VW sportswagen AWD
Country flag
Depends on the track, but yes. On a relatively cool day (for Socal) someone reported their oil temp going to 270 on their stock cooling car. People are starting to swap out the grill for something with better cooling.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/ctr-overheating.12739/ The later pages have more info specifically for track stuff/more recent developments.
My 2 cents, unless your car throws a code or gives you a warning and pulls power every time you go out. Don't worry about it, computer will monitor car and protect from critical damage. Car is under warranty, enjoy it. I know of fellow track buddies with focus RS that come in sometimes because of rear diff overheating or people with modified Z's that get overheating from time to time. As long as it's not every time. In addition car computer monitors oil degradation and let's you known when to change oil. I noticed every full track day takes 10% of my oil life. You just changed it when it has 40%-50% to be safe since you track it

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
debating over 245/40 or 255/35 AD08R in 18 inch setup, i don't planned on dropping the car with springs, 18x9.5 +33

any idea and suggestions?
I'd go with 255. I had 245/45 tires on 17x9.5" wheels on my GT-R and wish I'd gone a touch wider.

Honda Civic 10th gen Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R / Reviews IMG_1197.JPG

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
Well I got 265/35s on my 18 inch titan7 wheels.

They make sport mode feel like the old comfort mode thanks in large part probably due to the taller sidewall.

Unfortunately I didn't spend a lot of the 300 miles on the stockers in sport mode so I can't really compare the handling (lol I'm getting old) but if you're wondering about the comfort level, it's GREAT!

Will report back once I get more miles on the tires, but will be largely useless since again, only 300 miles on the stockers, and mostly in comfort mode on the freeway.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Strongly considering these in 265/35-18 to go on 18x9.5 + 38 Work Emotion CR Kai wheels. Stock ride height, no intention to lower at this point, but will likely get a rear camber kit for more alignment flexibility. I had an issue with rubbing on a 20" setup I tried so to avoid that, just wanting to make sure I won't rub on the above setup with these tires, given the extra width they have at their rated size?
Sponsored