Honda-Swiss

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R FK8
Country flag
I used 225/35 RE-71R for the track with 18x9.5 +35 Titan7 TS-5 wheels. If i could fit 265 I would, however I'm lowered on Eibach and will encounter rubbing at full compression. Unless i install stiffen the spring rates with sway bars, the car may be happier with that.
I guess you meant 255/35 don't you? I'm going to use the Neova AD08R on track in May (but my car won't be lowered) so it should be fine with Titan-7 T-R10 in 18x9.5 +45 which I ordered last week :D

I'm sure the Neova AD08R performs very well on the track. Bridgestone RE-71R is not available in my country. Another option would be the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tire (which is even more track orientated than the Neova).
Sponsored

B8FKR

First Name
Arief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R
Country flag
debating over 245/40 or 255/35 AD08R in 18 inch setup, i don't planned on dropping the car with springs, 18x9.5 +33

any idea and suggestions?

OP
OP

Honda-Swiss

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R FK8
Country flag
Got my tires :D They are wide as f*** haha. I measured 275mm

Honda Civic 10th gen Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R / Reviews 2018-02-2718.53.21rtp94

Honda Civic 10th gen Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R / Reviews 2018-02-2718.54.20l5pew

Honda Civic 10th gen Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R / Reviews 2018-02-2719.12.179wptc

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
They are wide, indeed. They don't have Y speed rating? The FK8 can go 272km/h.

bbqman

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR,CTR,996 GT3,EVO X GSR, M3,Ek SIR,EP3 SIR,S2K,Micra Cup
I haven't seen it mentioned here, but the Ad08r are prone to cycling out pretty fast which is uncommon for a street tire but seems to be an issue with Yokohams.
Basically once they have been heated several times on the track, they become rock hard and slip everywhere. It was a trait on their R compounds 032r etc but seemed to carry over to the street sport tirs.
be careful of this, as you will wonder for a while what is wrong with your car until you realize its the tires losing grip - with plenty of rubber left.

bbqman

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR,CTR,996 GT3,EVO X GSR, M3,Ek SIR,EP3 SIR,S2K,Micra Cup
The only problem with RE71r on the track is that they will melt- they were designed to win autocross events- not track days.
surprisingly, the Michelin Super Sport- now replaced with the 4s- is a competent daily tire with track day capabilities.

That being said, the most durable, versatile track tire that you can drive on the street is the Nitto NT01.

Type R 761

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic type R and VW sportswagen AWD
Country flag
For my track experience:

RE71R > AD08R

AD08R = Pilot Sport 4S(PS4S)

OEM continental SportContact 6 = Rubbish
I've run AD08R on a porsche 993 doing double duty, track and daily. Had no issue, they last long on that car. Was my tire of choice for 8 years. Sidewall is stiff so should be good for front when loaded up in corners. On CTR My track setup is RE71R 245/40 18 on 18 x 9. It's a good square setup, tire thread width matches rim width. Cuts down on understeer in tight corners and let's you get on power earlier. Better than OEM on track, extra sidewall helps a lot put power down and allow you to attack apex with unbalencing car. I however prefer feeling of 20s with conties on street. More responsive. As far as conti OEMs go, they stuck like glue on track for 2 first track days. After that, I had lost about 2secs per lap on a 5km track so no big deal. Good in the wet on track and predictable in all conditions. I think the main probably with them on the track is the inexistent side wall more than compound. I you are going to do lots of track days it's best to get a dedicated set on 18 or 19. Will save $ in the long run and ensures you street tires have plenty of thread for when it rains.

Honda Civic 10th gen Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R / Reviews 20171005_170902

Type R 761

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've run AD08R on a porsche 993 doing double duty, track and daily. Had no issue, they last long on that car. Was my tire of choice for 8 years. Sidewall is stiff so should be good for front when loaded up in corners. On CTR My track setup is RE71R 245/40 18 on 18 x 9. It's a good square setup, tire thread width matches rim width. Cuts down on understeer in tight corners and let's you get on power earlier. Better than OEM on track, extra sidewall helps a lot put power down and allow you to attack apex with unbalencing car. I however prefer feeling of 20s with conties on street. More responsive. As far as conti OEMs go, they stuck like glue on track for 2 first track days. After that, I had lost about 2secs per lap on a 5km track so no big deal. Good in the wet on track and predictable in all conditions. I think the main probably with them on the track is the inexistent side wall more than compound. I you are going to do lots of track days it's best to get a dedicated set on 18 or 19. Will save $ in the long run and ensures you street tires have plenty of thread for when it rains.

20171005_170902.jpg
Honda Civic 10th gen Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R / Reviews 20171005_170759

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
my 265 AD08s got delivered today!

Unfortunately I live in socal and have not done any cooling mods, so these tires will probably be dead by the time I can do any track time on them :(

Type R 761

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
my 265 AD08s got delivered today!

Unfortunately I live in socal and have not done any cooling mods, so these tires will probably be dead by the time I can do any track time on them :(
Are lots of CTR's experiencing overheating in so-cal? Did 7 track days up here, 3 hot ones. Flat out 30-40 min sessions. No issues. Except running out of gas in corners because was running on empty on fist day. Once we realized issue I keep tank full an reset trip, after 100 to 130 KM on track zero it's time to gas her up with 94 octane. Leaves about 10L to spare. Have another CTR in my club. Was at track on same days as me. Same for him, no issues. We simply open hood after track sessions an do a proper cool down lap at the end. It was about 26 Celcius on those days.
Sponsored