JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Just be aware of puddles and go slowly through them. It's rarely an issue unless you get very bad flooding in your area. I've driven/know people who have CAIs near me in Florida and they've had no issues at all even with our heavy rain.
Also to answer the main question of your post, big no to aftermarket BOV/BPV. And a secondary no to boomba specifically, people have had issues with their other products, they seem a little shady to me.
My biggest reason for steering clear of Boomba Racing (a quick google of just "Boomba" came up with interesting results) is their outrageous pricing. $40 for a washer fluid cap and $250 for their Hatchback wing risers... Other than that I agree, they seem shady and I've heard a lot about product issues

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Well I guess there isn’t anything I can do for water.
I have the cobra CAI on my 2019 si and have front grills that are open. I also live on Long Island and well high tides flood the streets sometimes by my house and have no issues unless you go into a puddle about 3ft deep and run wot and suck up water into the engine well then I guess you shouldn't get one

Honda Civic 10th gen Yes or no: boomba bov? 8E1F6689-DC0C-467C-99DE-0D753376C692_1_201_a

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
I have the PRL short ram. Zero issues. Loud on shift, none of the problems.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
27won intake is a good alternative if you’re concerned about water getting in your intake. Like others said if you get a race version you’ll need the “race” tune to pair with your new maf.
There’s also a little water shield that Injen has that helps prevent water going in (I think they make it)

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
https://www.aemintakes.com/pre-filter-wraps

This will prevent hydrolocking your engine right up untill your filter is completely submerged in water for more than a few seconds. I experimented with it on my quad and had most of the filter under water for a min and the water never made it past the pre-filter. If you run a CAI, just buy this and put it over your filter, that's it.

Howdy_Si

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I bought my Si used and didn’t realize the dipshit before me installed a Boomba BOV until my car went into limp mode during rush hour on the 90 in Chicago.
My car also doesn’t backfire anymore since I removed it so I imagine I was running very rich as well! In short, FUCK that!

Howdy_Si

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I have the cobra CAI on my 2019 si and have front grills that are open. I also live on Long Island and well high tides flood the streets sometimes by my house and have no issues unless you go into a puddle about 3ft deep and run wot and suck up water into the engine well then I guess you shouldn't get one

8E1F6689-DC0C-467C-99DE-0D753376C692_1_201_a.jpeg
Yo! I love those mesh foglight trim pieces. Can I ask you where you got them?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my Si used and didn’t realize the dipshit before me installed a Boomba BOV until my car went into limp mode during rush hour on the 90 in Chicago.
My car also doesn’t backfire anymore since I removed it so I imagine I was running very rich as well! In short, FUCK that!
You know what's crazy? There's so much info out there regarding the negatives of long term BOV use that it boggles my mind how many people here still run them.

They'll say "my car runs great", but they don't check logs to see what's going on and then down the road they get an "oh fuck" issue and it could have been prevented.

People... if you want sound, get an intake.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We solved that concern. Fun sounds and no issue with water.

CivicCookie

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si Sedan (FC1)
Country flag
Do you need to retune the car once you put in a cai
No you don't but you likely wont reap much performance benefits if you don't get a tune. I am running a 27 won CAI which is in the stock position and has an airbox and less restrictive filter and I noticed better Highway MPG and I got more turbo noise. I would heavily recomend that Intake or the one made by PRL that changes the location of the air filter. I have heard both make decent noise when building boost.
Sponsored