cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I always wondered, why do a lot of people change their fog lights to yellow? I don't mean to offend anyone who likes them. That's certainly not my intention. I'm must wondering if there's better visibility? Or is it just cosmetic?
Sponsored

jdlc1400

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Better visibility in snow

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
science behind that is longer wavelength of the color scatters less by fog droplets, providing better visibility/light penetration

ngl, I did mine for the aesthetic. Not much fog here in Vegas

jdlc1400

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always wondered, why do a lot of people change their fog lights to yellow? I don't mean to offend anyone who likes them. That's certainly not my intention. I'm must wondering if there's better visibility? Or is it just cosmetic?
The intent of selective yellow is to improve vision by removing short, blue to violet wavelengths from the projected light. These wavelengths are difficult for the human visual system to process properly, and they cause perceived dazzle and glare effects in rain, fog and snow.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
science behind that is longer wavelength of the color scatters less by fog droplets, providing better visibility/light penetration

ngl, I did mine for the aesthetic. Not much fog here in Vegas
To top this off, the yellow color of light spectrum wont tire your eyes out like the blue color over a long period of time.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup better visibility like everyone said but I also did mine mainly for aesthetics

I'm running pink now I think I'm going to be making the switch to yellow in a little
Sponsored