Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I really want to get some yellow fog lights for my SI. Does anyone have any links to where I could purchase them?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yellow bulbs or lenses?

stadt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 1991 Miata
Country flag

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have Hoen Endurance bulbs for my fogs. http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm. I'm happy with them, but would have liked them to be a little deeper yellow. But I think that's more the nature of the H8 bulb being only 35W. I had their H11 (55W) bulbs in my last car, and they were a brighter and deeper yellow colour. Right now, I don't have a desire to convert to LED fogs, so I'm happy for now than using regular "white" halogen bulbs, especially since they look really weak against the LED headlights.

OP
OP
Unibrow Tail Lights

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
There are many options. I've had good luck with the Nokya brand in hyper yellow when it comes to basic halogens.
Thanks for the reply! I'll research this :)

I got IPF LED H8 lights...can order them from Japan (Ebay).

19366542_10154391403102693_7292683131398724623_n.jpg
Whoa your car looks great. I just googled those LED's and they're friggin expensive!!! I'm guessing they're super high quality but ill add that to my comparison list

Hey this is the one 360glitch said to get. I may be going with this one because its a nice budget option

I went with these bulbs: https://www.amazon.com/Hipro-Power-...UTF8&qid=1500347353&sr=1-5&keywords=h8+yellow

I followed them up with this film, which is more "JDM yellow" than the usual Lamin-X: http://www.jdmfv.com/2016-honda-civic-precut-yellow-fog-light-overlays-tint/

Very pleased with both. I considered LED (already put in LED brake lights and reverse lights), but I think the yellow LED bulbs have a greenish tint generally.
Oh I think ill get the tint and LED. Hmm I'll be looking at a lot of pictures because I would like a nice JDM yellow

I have Hoen Endurance bulbs for my fogs. http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm. I'm happy with them, but would have liked them to be a little deeper yellow. But I think that's more the nature of the H8 bulb being only 35W. I had their H11 (55W) bulbs in my last car, and they were a brighter and deeper yellow colour. Right now, I don't have a desire to convert to LED fogs, so I'm happy for now than using regular "white" halogen bulbs, especially since they look really weak against the LED headlights.
These look nice. Thanks for your detailed response this helps me in my research :) Why'd you decide to go with H8 instead of H11?

Last edited by a moderator:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One thing I will add is that if you get a quality tint film for your fog light it will help protect the lenses from damage from rocks, ect. A cheap film won't. Ask me how I know, ha.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These look nice. Thanks for your detailed response this helps me in my research :) Why'd you decide to go with H8 instead of H11?
The spec for the fog light bulbs on the Civic are H8, even though the connector is the same as H11, but power requirements are different for each. The H8 light output doesn’t look as deep yellow as the photos on the website show. That light output shown is closer to the output from an H11 bulb.

OP
OP
Unibrow Tail Lights

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag

LeSpp1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EL
Country flag
[QUOTE="Whoa your car looks great. I just googled those LED's and they're friggin expensive!!! I'm guessing they're super high quality but ill add that to my comparison list[/QUOTE]

Actually you can get these too:

Option 1 (Japanese brand, but these are made in Korea)
IPF H8 Halogen Yellow with a 75w output: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IPF-H8-SUPE...ash=item210c159ecb:g:v8EAAOSwyMNZeB86&vxp=mtr

A few of my customers have bought these and are really happy with them.

Option 2: (Japanese brand and made in Japan)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIAA-Haloge...ash=item2cc34fe15d:g:MVgAAOSwY~VZc10L&vxp=mtr

For me I always go for the good stuff, so I went with the IPF LEDs. They will last a long time and IPF's LEDs are made in Japan.
In-house development and their own technology. Unfortunately, since 2010 they outsource their halogen production to a Korean manufacturer.

LeSpp1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EL
Country flag
FYI, you can fit an H11 bulb inside an H8 socket. Just trim the top little nudge of the H11 bulb and it fits LIKE A GLOVE :)
An H8 bulb can also fit in an H16 socket. No need for trimming even.
Sponsored