WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
I just recently purchased the Hikari Ultra LED for my low beams for my 2017 sedan. I live in the Pacific Northwest so rain and fog are 4-6 months of the year here, so I found that using a LED fog light with a lower color range (~3000-4000 K) is preferred since its better for rainy/low visibility situations. I've seen that some people are using the Hikaris, Katanas, JDM stuff with some sort of yellow film but I just want to plug and go and not fiddle with the fog light housing or some kind of film. Also, with the lowbeams, most units have fans to dissipate heat. Fog lights use lower power so does a fog light LED bulb also need to have a fan? What brand LED yellow fog lights did you all use/plan to purchase? Pics if you got 'em.
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
are the high beams also the same color ~3000K ? The build quality looks kinda cheap (makes sense for being 22$) Is that the case?
The highs are 3000k for sure. Only really had then for about 6 months. Considering how rare they get used, I can't tell you how long they'll last. They look good though

Honda Civic 10th gen Yellow Fog light recommendations IMG_20191029_123454

The fogs are still vinyl and stock halogens

OP
OP

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
Anyone else have any suggestions? bumping the thread

android_fk7

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch, 2004 Acura TSX
Country flag
I got these are from DDM tuning. They are crazy bright. When I pass people on the highway I can see their cars get washed in yellow as I go by.
Raptor-35W-H8

Honda Civic 10th gen Yellow Fog light recommendations IMG_20191009_221208

OP
OP

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
I got these are from DDM tuning. They are crazy bright. When I pass people on the highway I can see their cars get washed in yellow as I go by.
Raptor-35W-H8

IMG_20191009_221208.jpg
Everything I see on their site, including the h8 product are 6000K in color. Your using some kind of film?

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Yellow Fog light recommendations Yellowfo

CIIHON H11 H8 H9 LED Fog Light Bulb 3030SMD 35W Lights Bulbs Not Headlight 1900LM Dual Color 6000K White 3000K Yellow DRL Replacement Pack of 2, 1 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FVFS328/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_kK.YDbRG8CMVQ
These are the bulbs I'm currently using. Pretty cool cuz you can switch between white and yellow just by turning them off then back on real quick.

OP
OP

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
Yellowfog.jpg

CIIHON H11 H8 H9 LED Fog Light Bulb 3030SMD 35W Lights Bulbs Not Headlight 1900LM Dual Color 6000K White 3000K Yellow DRL Replacement Pack of 2, 1 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FVFS328/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_kK.YDbRG8CMVQ
These are the bulbs I'm currently using. Pretty cool cuz you can switch between white and yellow just by turning them off then back on real quick.
I just saw that kind of feature on another (Japanese) companies product as well. It seems kind of gimmicky. How long have you had them? Whats the build quality like?

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just saw that kind of feature on another (Japanese) companies product as well. It seems kind of gimmicky. How long have you had them? Whats the build quality like?
I've only had them since Aug. Build quality is solid, doesn't feel like some cheap pos that's gonna fall apart @ any given bump. Idk about it being gimmicky, you want to have yellow fogs you got them. If ever there's a situation where they don't seem bright enough go from 3k yellow to 6k white with the flick of the wrist. :cool::thumbsup:

OP
OP

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
I've only had them since Aug. Build quality is solid, doesn't feel like some cheap pos that's gonna fall apart @ any given bump. Idk about it being gimmicky, you want to have yellow fogs you got them. If ever there's a situation where they don't seem bright enough go from 3k yellow to 6k white with the flick of the wrist. :cool::thumbsup:
On the comments/reviews of the Amazon page, their was quite a few people who spoke about the bulbs being inconsistent when changing from yellow to white... They didn't always sync up and that ended up leaving one white and one yellow a few times. Is that something you've noticed? Did the 3000k yellow seem brighter than the stock halogens after you put them in?

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the comments/reviews of the Amazon page, their was quite a few people who spoke about the bulbs being inconsistent when changing from yellow to white... They didn't always sync up and that ended up leaving one white and one yellow a few times. Is that something you've noticed? Did the 3000k yellow seem brighter than the stock halogens after you put them in?
I noticed it when I first put them in. Instructions tell you to install both at the same time but I wanted to take a comparison pic of stock and led. (Which for some reason is missing) I had to completely uninstall both and reinstall at the same time. I've only noticed 1 time other than that they didn't both switch. Yes the 3k yellow are brighter than the stock halogen.

OP
OP

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
I noticed it when I first put them in. Instructions tell you to install both at the same time but I wanted to take a comparison pic of stock and led. (Which for some reason is missing) I had to completely uninstall both and reinstall at the same time. I've only noticed 1 time other than that they didn't both switch. Yes the 3k yellow are brighter than the stock halogen.
Thanks man. I appreciate the help. I think you've basically sold me on those. Seems like a good upgrade to make for cheap.

android_fk7

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Everything I see on their site, including the h8 product are 6000K in color. Your using some kind of film?
No these are just their yellow LED bulbs. Unless they discontinued them, but I've only had them for a few months.

android_fk7

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag