Yellow envelope on touchscreen

Rwilmoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
I bought a used 2017 civic ex as a newer more reliable commuter car to a new job I start next week. Anyway, after setting up android auto and having the low tire pressure light come on today a tiny yellow envelope has appeared on the top of the radio screen. I swiped down from the top and was able to view to messages including one for the low tire, one for GPS, and one for my phone battery level. I hoped after viewing them the envelope would go away but it wouldn't. How do I clear these messages?

Also, after the low tire light came on I stopped to check the air pressure and the back 2 tires were at 30 and the front were 32 and 31. I filled them all to 32 but I feel like that light should not have turned on just being 2 psi below the recommended level. Am I wrong for thinking that? I did recalibrate the tpms and that warning light turned off but the message still appears on the swipe down menu where the envelope is.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rwilmoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
Envelope symbol in infotainment center

That should get you fixed up as far as clearing the yellow envelope. We don`t get TPMS up north so I can`t comment on that.

Thank you,
I actually saw that thread earlier but I was unable to find teledata under apps settings on that pull down list of messages. I'll check again next time I'm in the car though. As for the tpms, I've always been unlucky when it comes to tires I seem to find all the sharp objects on all the roads I drive on so I assumed i picked up a nail or something in the city today but after seeing the psi not being lower than 30 in all 4 tires and not visually seeing anything in any of the tires I am stumped as to why that light would turn on.

It would be nice if you could simply swipe the messages away after reading them but that's not an option. This is my first honda and first newish car after driving my wife's 2007 Mazda 3 for so long which she bought new right after I met her. I'm enjoying the honda and I feel like it's a solid car that will last for many years. It's also averaging 41 MPG so far with the miles I've put on it the past few days which is the biggest reason I decided to finally trade in my wife's Mazda that had been an awesome car also.

OP
OP

Rwilmoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
Update, I figured out how to clear those messages but now I seem to be having another issue that may be common among civics. My phone doesn't ring when I'm in my car on android auto. On my first decently long trip I had 2 missed calls when I checked my phone and it was right beside me the entire time. Any fix for this?

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is your ringer muted on your phone? I find this makes a difference as to wether it rings through AA or not. If your ringer is turned up, did you allow the AA app on your phone all permissions? What was you solution for the notification?
Sponsored