Yearly 2016 Consumer Reports- Yup, the Infotainment kills it.

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
I wouldn't let the update nonsense detour you from buying. There hasn't been a single issue that required me to get into the dealer immediately. I've only had to get 2 updates, and just got a recall for a 3rd. All software updates, in and out in less than 1hr.

My car has been 100% reliable so far.
I don't consider 3 updates in that short a time, each requiring a car to go back to the dealer, as anywhere near indicative of 100% reliability. Just what would you consider unreliable ?
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't consider 3 updates in that short a time, each requiring a car to go back to the dealer, as anywhere near indicative of 100% reliability. Just what would you consider unreliable ?
Car drove in under it's own power and left the same way.

Update 1 - Fix CVT surge issue. Most people wouldn't even notice it.
Update 2 - Fix "ghost touch" on touch screen. Screen would beep like it was being touched when it wasn't
Update 3 - E-brake recall. Not fully aware of what's included in this, but it's my understanding the e-brake system would fault for no reason, causing a warning indication.

I don't consider any of those serious at all. I could drive my car until the pistons melt and not one of those things would be an issue.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, only one of these issues is an actual recall. And that's only because it causes a dash warning light. The other issues are TSB and those are to be fixed when the car comes in for general maintenance.

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics

Update 2 - Fix "ghost touch" on touch screen. Screen would beep like it was being touched when it wasn't
Update 3 - E-brake recall. Not fully aware of what's included in this, but it's my understanding the e-brake system would fault for no reason, causing a warning indication.

I don't consider any of those serious at all. I could drive my car until the pistons melt and not one of those things would be an issue.
What's the "CVT surge issue" ?

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's the "CVT surge issue" ?
Earlier 1.5T builds had a CVT programming issue where RPMs would fluctuate at cruising speeds from 45-80. You would feel the transmission surging constantly at light throttle. TSB solved it, later builds didn't have the issue.

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics

Don't have any of these issues ever. Knock on wood ! Don't want the dealer messing with anything.

CivicEXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic

hey what is the update called for the ghost touch issue, i went to a dealer today and they told me there is no update for this issue.. they just did a master reset for me so far.
Sponsored