Year End Deals

rose1222

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic lx 2018
I have a 2016 Honda Civic lx automatic that I’ve been leasing for 185/mo. Negotiated price was $18,156; .001 money factor; 12,800 residual value. Lease expires February 2019.

I want the same or better deal for a new basic 2018 Honda Civic lx. Only additional features I am considering are Honda sensing, which I think is now standard (is that right?). Excellent credit and drive only about 3000 miles per year.

1) What’s the best way to negotiate for the best price? I’ve gotten the original dealership to come down to 18k flat on phone and a couple more will get back to me to see if they can do better.
2) Thoughts on Honda sensing and safety features?

Thanks,
S
Sponsored

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Honda Sensing is standard on 2019 models, but was optional on 2018 models. Make certain you are clear on the year model you'd be leasing.

My '18 Hatch Sport Touring has Sensing, and for the most part I like it. One thing that is annoying for me, if I'm in a lane that forks left or right and I don't signal, Road Departure Mitigation has a conniption fit. Also, if I'm driving into the sun, the camera in the windshield can lose "sight" of the lane lines momentarily if the glare is at the right angle, and again, RDM has a fit. And if there are grooved lines in the pavement/asphalt that are in high contrast with the road color, RDM can see those as the lane lines instead of the stripes. There's a section of my commute like that and I've just learned to live with it. But with those annoyances aside, IMO, it is worth it for the Adaptive Cruise Control with Low Speed Follow on long trips. Would I pay extra for it on a model where it wasn't standard? Probably not. But since it came with mine, I do take advantage of it.