AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Fuel demand is mostly tied to airflow/boost. When we max the turbo out, the fuel pump just so happens to be around its limit too, mostly in the midrange at peak boost/torque. In some cases Type Rs have a crappier fuel pump than others and upgrading it will allow you to see more boost but it’s not a big difference.

Thus, on a stock turbo, more fueling capacity isn’t going to equal more power UNLESS you use a higher quality fuel that also requires more volume such as ethanol.

It also means that upgrading the turbo will also require a better pump.

The cheapest overall option for a decent boost in power is thus an XDI pump with ethanol, unless you want to run $10/gal race gas or go full send with turbo and fuel kit

In the cases where some of the HPFPs are underperforming are you seeing those maxed out before you reach the limit on pump gas? I feel like a lot of CTRs are nearing 100% duty just FBO. In those situations, does upgrading the HPFP allow you to make additional power, even if its just peak?
Sponsored

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
In the cases where some of the HPFPs are underperforming are you seeing those maxed out before you reach the limit on pump gas? I feel like a lot of CTRs are nearing 100% duty just FBO. In those situations, does upgrading the HPFP allow you to make additional power, even if its just peak?
Yep. But it’s marginal, maybe 10-20lbft for $1600 isn’t much of a bargain. It is almost never an issue at peak HP, only at peak torque in the 3500-5000 rpm range.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Yep. But it’s marginal, maybe 10-20lbft for $1600 isn’t much of a bargain. It is almost never an issue at peak HP, only at peak torque in the 3500-5000 rpm range.
I feel like I saw my shit at like 90% and im not even FBO. I got one of them special pumps maybe ? shiiiiiieeeeeetttttt

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I feel like I saw my shit at like 90% and im not even FBO. I got one of them special pumps maybe ? shiiiiiieeeeeetttttt
The dirty secret is that the majority of FBOs honestly doesn’t make a huge difference, especially in terms of increasing boost levels and thus fuel demand. It’s mostly about temperature management, spool, backpressure for ignition advance, possible air fuel ratios (stock DP can’t go much leaner), etc

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
The dirty secret is that the majority of FBOs honestly doesn’t make a huge difference, especially in terms of increasing boost levels and thus fuel demand. It’s mostly about temperature management, spool, backpressure for ignition advance, possible air fuel ratios (stock DP can’t go much leaner), etc
so what youre saying is, I got a turd HPFP and it was always a turd. goddamnnnnn

Fk8_Huzi

First Name
Huzaifah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 Type R
Country flag
Hello, where can I purchase this in Canada, Ontario (Toronto) ??

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 K20 swapped coupe and 2013 Si coupe
Country flag
Hey guys!

I was curious how this would help those of us who only have 93 octane gas available. Seems like pushing into the 400whp range is only doable with E30+ and getting e85 would be very annoying for me.

Does the XDi pump allow 93 octane to reach the 400whp levels?

Thanks for your help!
I sure hope so. I was hoping a little over 400whp for the time being on my tuners dynojet

PRL Intercooler
PRL catless DP
PRL front pipe
93 octane
Dynojet- 371 whp is what my car made

I since then added:
PRL High Volume Intake
PRL charge pipes
PRL Thermal Coated Inlet pipe
No retune yet to know my numbers as of right now

Seriously looking at this XDi fuel pump. I have access to all kind of different fuel grades, but I just want it to be simple and go with 93
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.