Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
what kind of power are you seeing with FBO + XDI + E40-50?

cant wait, this might help me scratch that itch. If I get lucky, maybe I can get one this summer.

awesome stuff @kefi
Anybody want to share there power levels from what alpha digital is asking?
Sponsored

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Anybody want to share there power levels from what alpha digital is asking?
Kefi AKA FK8Clinic posted in the other thread about one of his customers making like 404whp at a dyno day I think, guy was only on the second revision of his tune though. Dyno numbers don't mean anything though as the readings can vary, he did make substantially more than other type Rs that ran at that dyno day.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Kefi AKA FK8Clinic posted in the other thread about one of his customers making like 404whp at a dyno day I think, guy was only on the second revision of his tune though. Dyno numbers don't mean anything though as the readings can vary, he did make substantially more than other type Rs that ran at that dyno day.
yarp, +110whp and +105lbft over a stock R the same day running E40, FBOs, XDI pump with undrilled line

Tagger888

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda 5
Country flag
yarp, +110whp and +105lbft over a stock R the same day running E40, FBOs, XDI pump with undrilled line
Yupp! That's my car, as soon as I can chase down my vacuum leak gremlin I want to do another dyno run to compare. Also still waiting for delivery of the p600 and will be getting some bigger injectors to go along with them, unfortunately got in late on Kefis preorders so I'm waiting in the third batch of preorders lol

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I thought I commented back but I didnt lol, thats what you call a gain!!
So for who would the drilled line mod be if you have the XDI? If your trying to make crazier numbers? Ill be happy with numbers like the video posted above. Im FBO with soon to be XDI..planning on running E30-E40 MAX

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought I commented back but I didnt lol, thats what you call a gain!!
So for who would the drilled line mod be if you have the XDI? If your trying to make crazier numbers? Ill be happy with numbers like the video posted above. Im FBO with soon to be XDI..planning on running E30-E40 MAX
I am not a tuner, but to me visually it seemed to help pump control, since it is not that great with Hondata. The XDI was tested and developed initially on a car with a Hondata fuel line, so it makes sense why it would. More of a piece of mind type of thing, although it may help reduce your fuel pump duty a few percentages as well.

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R and some other cars ;-)
Country flag
Does anyone know how this fuel fuel pump is driven? Is it a gear drive? If so, is there a way to under drive it for a higher max engine rpm (with port injection for additional fueling)?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does anyone know how this fuel fuel pump is driven? Is it a gear drive? If so, is there a way to under drive it for a higher max engine rpm (with port injection for additional fueling)?
It’s driven by the spring on the camshaft isn’t it? Same as the stock

Saablife

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys!

I was curious how this would help those of us who only have 93 octane gas available. Seems like pushing into the 400whp range is only doable with E30+ and getting e85 would be very annoying for me.

Does the XDi pump allow 93 octane to reach the 400whp levels?

Thanks for your help!

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
You would be pretty darn close if you ask me if not over. All dyno dependent of course. With flex fuel youd be over 400.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey guys!

I was curious how this would help those of us who only have 93 octane gas available. Seems like pushing into the 400whp range is only doable with E30+ and getting e85 would be very annoying for me.

Thanks for your help!
The pump would be beneficial if you ever step into an upgraded turbo or cams. The stock pump won’t push an upgraded turbo to the limit on 93.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys!

Thanks for your help!
The stock pump isn’t the limit for 93 octane horsepower, and it only slightly limits your peak boost/torque, so it’ll do little to nothing for that. Ethanol requires more overall fuel volume to be injected, thus why the pump greatly benefits those wanting to use ethanol. Generally you should be able to get to 370-390 on 93. An XDI pump with E50 can do 420-440.

Saablife

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The stock pump isn’t the limit for 93 octane horsepower, and it only slightly limits your peak boost/torque, so it’ll do little to nothing for that. Ethanol requires more overall fuel volume to be injected, thus why the pump greatly benefits those wanting to use ethanol. Generally you should be able to get to 370-390 on 93. An XDI pump with E50 can do 420-440.
Sorry if I'm totally missing something, but what's the limit for 93 octane then, just the turbo itself at that point? Lots of conflicting info out there making it hard to truly understand the various limits of this car!

Appreciate your time and info!

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sorry if I'm totally missing something, but what's the limit for 93 octane then, just the turbo itself at that point? Lots of conflicting info out there making it hard to truly understand the various limits of this car!

You can correct me if i'm wrong. But it seems like 93 octanes biggest limitation is 93 octane itself. Pump gas can only get you so far. /Enter flex fuel / Meth injection.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Fuel demand is mostly tied to airflow/boost. When we max the turbo out, the fuel pump just so happens to be around its limit too, mostly in the midrange at peak boost/torque. In some cases Type Rs have a crappier fuel pump than others and upgrading it will allow you to see more boost but it’s not a big difference.

Thus, on a stock turbo, more fueling capacity isn’t going to equal more power UNLESS you use a higher quality fuel that also requires more volume such as ethanol.

It also means that upgrading the turbo will also require a better pump.

The cheapest overall option for a decent boost in power is thus an XDI pump with ethanol, unless you want to run $10/gal race gas or go full send with turbo and fuel kit
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.