Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Xtreme-DI (XDI) EVO High Pressure Fuel Pump Upgrade 1610250853078

XDI-EVO High Pressure Fuel Pump Upgrade

Hi CivicX! I'm proud to bring you Xtreme-DI's high pressure fuel pump upgrade for the 2017+ Civic Type R which is now supported on the OEM ECU with a Hondata FlashPro. It retails for $1599 and is currently the only standalone high pressure fuel pump upgrade that you can run on the OEM ECU. The OEM high pressure fuel pump is the main barrier to making more power and this is the direct bolt-on, drop-in replacement we've been waiting 3 years for. More boost, more ethanol, more power. FK8 Clinic is one of the few currently authorized dealers of this pump.​
Honda Civic 10th gen Xtreme-DI (XDI) EVO High Pressure Fuel Pump Upgrade 1610251379359
Current lead time is 1 to 2 weeks, not including shipping time, due to the currently high demand. Free shipping is included.​
  • Supported on the stock ECU by Hondata
  • 36% more fueling capacity than the OEM Bosch HPFP
  • 12% more fueling capacity than the HPFP in Hondata's Fuel System Upgrade
  • Can be used to further upgrade the Hondata Fuel System
  • Stronger springs rated for 7800rpm engine speed, versus the OEM 7200rpm. Other parts in your engine will need to be upgraded too.
  • Rated for 240 bar / 3500psi, versus Bosch's 200 bars, which is beneficial for fuel atomization and delivery.
  • Combined with XDI's 1400 and 1650cc injectors it has been shown to support over 600whp safely. These injectors are not supported on Hondata yet.
Frequently Asked Questions
How difficult is this to install?
It is a simple 1 hour job in your garage. The pump is located right on the top of the engine and only needs a few things removed and taken off. An install video is at the end of this post.​
Do I need a custom tune? Are there basemaps?
Yes, you will need to get a custom tune in order to make any power with this pump. There are currently no basemaps available and the current basemaps will simply not use the extra capacity this pump offers. Enabling the mod in Hondata will not give you a boost in power, it will only make the pump function properly. FK8 Clinic offers 25% off all tuning services with the purchase of an EVO pump!
Is this a kit? I.e. low pressure fuel pump, fuel lines, injectors
No. This is only the pump, and at this time there are no other standalone options that are compatible with the OEM ECU that is not part of the Hondata fuel system upgrade other than the in tank low pressure pump. XDI's injectors will hopefully be compatible soon. However, the pump is the main initial restriction to power so for anyone looking for a nice step up that don't want the full Hondata upgrade, this is the solution for you.​
Is a code required to enable HPFP control like Hondata's fuel system upgrade?
Yes, but it is included with the purchase of the fuel pump.​
Will this benefit me if I don't have a big turbo and I'm on pump gas?
Yes. The benefits are much greater combined with a turbo and/or ethanol, but nonetheless the OEM fuel pump still largely a limitation even on pump gas with a stock turbo. You will need a custom tune to see any benefits either way.​
Can I run full E85 with this pump?
Yes, but you may have to sacrifice some potential power, especially with a big turbo. Additionally, the OEM in-tank low pressure fuel pump has been shown to eventually fail due to extremely high concentrations of ethanol wearing away the contacts. If you take this route in order to avoid mixing, it is recommended to also upgrade the in-tank pump.​
Can I pass emissions?
The pump itself does not modify anything related to emissions nor does it require the disabling of any emissions related CELs. However, rules vary from location to location.​
Install Video
Courtesy of ACCORDing to Joel:​

Last edited:

Tagger888

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda 5
Country flag
Already ordered mine through Kefi! Intake, exhaust, intercooler, and flex fuel so I'll report back on my feed back once the pumps on and tuned!

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
P.S. I will be running this on my own R alongside the stock turbo and P600 soon and getting some data to see what can be done with just FBOs and ethanol, which is what the majority of modified Rs have.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
good job @kefi happy for you!! now im saving for buying you a xdi hpfp??

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
any future Si support planned?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
any future Si support planned?
Not for this particular model, but XDI may develop one for the Si. I believe they’re working on the Accord 2.0 right now.

Tagger888

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda 5
Country flag
For any of you that may not have Kefi's instagram, just dynoed 405hp 409tq using the XDI pump along with my full bolt ons and running an E50 blend, tunes still not done and we are in the low 80's for pump duty, can't wait to see what the final numbers come out to!

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Is there a thread for the fuel line mod? Im trying to install my pump tomorrow and if possible I would like to mod the fuel line too.

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
For any of you that may not have Kefi's instagram, just dynoed 405hp 409tq using the XDI pump along with my full bolt ons and running an E50 blend, tunes still not done and we are in the low 80's for pump duty, can't wait to see what the final numbers come out to!
Any updates?
Are you running into MAF issues?
Are you butting up against the limit of PSI the stock turbo can supply? (without it turning into a torch in terms of output temps?)

I am installing mine today. Thanks for your help! Also thank you Kefi!

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Any updates?
Are you running into MAF issues?
Are you butting up against the limit of PSI the stock turbo can supply? (without it turning into a torch in terms of output temps?)

I am installing mine today. Thanks for your help! Also thank you Kefi!
His MAF is near the limits but not exceeding it. Turbo is definitely maxed out at redline.

The ethanol just lets me advance the ignition more and extract more power from the airflow. Doesn’t really affect turbo or MAF since I’m not really exceeding the airflow you’d see on a factory fuel system. The key here is that the boost doesn’t have to be reduced when running ethanol with the XDI.

In my experience the turbo is more of a limit than the fuel system until you want to run ethanol (or you’re one of the 1 out of 10 or so with a weak factory fuel system).

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
His MAF is near the limits but not exceeding it. Turbo is definitely maxed out at redline.

The ethanol just lets me advance the ignition more and extract more power from the airflow. Doesn’t really affect turbo or MAF since I’m not really exceeding the airflow you’d see on a factory fuel system. The key here is that the boost doesn’t have to be reduced when running ethanol with the XDI.

In my experience the turbo is more of a limit than the fuel system until you want to run ethanol (or you’re one of the 1 out of 10 or so with a weak factory fuel system).
Are you restricting air charge past 4k?
How much advance are are you able to achieve?
Is it possible to tune a curve that ramps up at the end instead of flattening/linear or we need a bigger turbo to get that?

Thanks again Kefi!!

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Are you restricting air charge past 4k?
How much advance are are you able to achieve?
Is it possible to tune a curve that ramps up at the end instead of flattening/linear or we need a bigger turbo to get that?

Thanks again Kefi!!
In my tunes, air charge is mostly restricted before 4k rather than after, in order to keep the torque spike down, unless there's fueling deficiencies i.e. ethanol on a stock fuel system. After 4K I just limit it to where I usually see it maxing out the turbo anyways, so if for whatever environmental reason it's suddenly able to make more air charge it's not going to be doing things I didn't test for specifically.

E50 ignition usually lands around 20-24 degrees in the peak horsepower area. E30 around 16-20. This can differ greatly from engine to engine, region to region (fuel quality). Don't take this as advice of where to set your ethanol ignition.

The stock turbo generally starts losing air charge rapidly around 6500 RPM, dropping from 200-205% to 170-190%. This is what people mean when they say it falls flat on its face near redline, and it really does. However, ignition advance makes up for it a bit. A tune can't fix that unless you just heavily limit the midrange so it 'ramps up'

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
what kind of power are you seeing with FBO + XDI + E40-50?

cant wait, this might help me scratch that itch. If I get lucky, maybe I can get one this summer.

awesome stuff @kefi
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.