AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Random question, but can the pressure drop be attributed to the powerband on these cars falling off up top? If peak torque is say around 4k, wouldnt it make the most sense that fuel pressure should be at its peak around there since thats when the biggest demands on the system are, and then with power tapering off up top, shouldnt everything else as well?
Sponsored

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Random question, but can the pressure drop be attributed to the powerband on these cars falling off up top? If peak torque is say around 4k, wouldnt it make the most sense that fuel pressure should be at its peak around there since thats when the biggest demands on the system are, and then with power tapering off up top, shouldnt everything else as well?
Fuel demands lessens yes but the time to inject the fuel shortens drastically at 7k vs 4k. Pressure makes the injector "bigger" and loosing pressure increases injection time. If the injection interfears with the spark event you will incur misfires. I cant explain why the drop on lower power cars, id assume the line needs to be drilled.

mLkctR

SoFlo
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CW CTR
Country flag
I can't wait to see e85 results. I have no interest in mixing gas. If I can get 400whp with e85 on the stock turbo with the XDI, I'm in.
i can run full E guaranteed.. my intank pump was losing pressure causing fuel pump duty to jump 15%.
Without that 15% i was at 70-75% on e65ish.
most e85 good gases are rated around 75-80 anyways

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
i can run full E guaranteed.. my intank pump was losing pressure causing fuel pump duty to jump 15%.
Without that 15% i was at 70-75% on e65ish.
most e85 good gases are rated around 75-80 anyways
why is the intank pump losing pressure?

mLkctR

SoFlo
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CW CTR
Country flag
why is the intank pump losing pressure?
not the pump itself .. it may be the o-rings around the spout and/or the assembly basket itself cant keep up
Was told to run a hose directly to pump bypassing the o ring BS

Status
Not open for further replies.