WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
You see you contradict yourself, you ask why would they comprare back to hondata if XDI is better, cause they are people like you still buying hondata and saying they are happy, dont forget the final goal of companies. It is not to make you happy, it is to produce revenue so let me ask you again, why do you think they will comprare again to closet item in the market to theirs, the one people are choosing when not choosing theirs, and using one of the reason (it comes with more stuff) why would they show that the parts that you already have could be better. I should ask myself the same question ?.
Still buying Hondata? You assume I chose it over the XDI when the truth of the matter is I bought it before Hondata released support for the XDI. I was "stuck" with Hondata, cause paying a 25% ($700ish) restocking fee wasn't a hit I was willing to take.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Still for a engineer it should be child plays.
And, yes, I could EASILY do it, but I have knowledge and resources available to me that most other do not.

You fail to understand one of the most important things Doug said in here. Those holes are sized precisely to balance flow rate and pressure values, and other math that is obviously over your head. There's a lot more going on here than just duty cycles.

And my god, your English and spelling is atrocious.

Last edited:

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I'm glad that amuses you. You're probably the type of guy who pays people to work on your shit ?
No, I actually do everything myself which is why it amuse me a engineer would not. When ai said everything I mean everything, from the home remod for my 3 house to the car, network, and electronic repairs. Im a believer that if somebody with 2 arms like me can do it, why cant I. Ok so you are not “glad” that you bough hondata like you said (cause it seen you have some remorse) you just happen to get it when nothing else was available and not worth paying more now for negligent gain. Also as an engineer you should have put 2 and 2 together and realize when I ask how the mod for the fuel line was done that I was actually thinking on do it myself ??‍♂. Well lets not spam the post anymore. Just stop asking

how as an “engineer” you dint understand why go back to hondata to test, the short answer is: that was not decided in the engineer part of the house, its a management decision.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
No, I actually do everything myself which is why it amuse me a engineer would not. When ai said everything I mean everything, from the home remod for my 3 house to the car, network, and electronic repairs. Im a believer that if somebody with 2 arms like me can do it, why cant I. Ok so you are not “glad” that you bough hondata like you said (cause it seen you have some remorse) you just happen to get it when nothing else was available and not worth paying more now for negligent gain. Also as an engineer you should have put 2 and 2 together and realize when I ask how the mod for the fuel line was done that I was actually thinking on do it myself ??‍♂. Well lets not spam the post anymore. Just stop asking

how as an “engineer” you dint understand why go back to hondata to test, the short answer is: that was not decided in the engineer part of the house, its a management decision.
I want to try and take you seriously, but I literally cannot understand you between the terrible spelling, numerous grammar mistakes and run on sentences. I don't quite get what you are trying to accomplish here champ, but I'm over it.

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Our high pressure line was carefully tested and sized to match our high pressure pump. If the high pressure line is not matched to the pump then the high pressure fuel control does not work correctly, for any pump. Keep that in mind when I see posts about people drilling it out to 'flow more'. There needs to be a restriction in the high pressure line for it to work correctly. It needs to be matched to the pump. Too big and you lose pressure control. Too small is probably better than too big.
This is the kind of feedback I'm interested in hearing about. So, the XDI pump by itself is, what, dangerous, problematic, inconsistent? What is the potential downside to the pump as a standalone replacement with the stock fuel line, without drilling or modifying in any way?

I think for many people, like myself, I'd just really like to take advantage of e40/50 without the super huge turbo and the rest of the kit.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the kind of feedback I'm interested in hearing about. So, the XDI pump by itself is, what, dangerous, problematic, inconsistent? What is the potential downside to the pump as a standalone replacement with the stock fuel line, without drilling or modifying in any way?
It is none of those things. I'm running the pump alone with stock fuel lines (not drilled) and have no issues whatsoever. What they're saying is, by drilling the line you change how the flow control works since its not matched to the pump.

Last edited:

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag

I think for many people, like myself, I'd just really like to take advantage of e40/50 without the super huge turbo and the rest of the kit.
None of the above, people are modding the fuel line just to add more headroom.

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag

You provably want to change the intank ($270~) too for long longevity because the intank is not ethanol rated

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You provably want to change the intank ($270~) too for long longevity because the intank is not ethanol rated
People have been telling me that but my car has had ethanol in it for about a year. It also made 573whp with the stock intank on e73.. Stock intank is fine for 99% of people on gas/ethanol fuel.

Ive seen too many aem, areomotive, dw pumps fail to put those in my car unless i absolutely have to. Walbro or OEM.

Last edited:

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
People have been telling me that but my car has had ethanol in it for about a year. It also made 573whp with the stock intank on e73.. Stock intank is fine for 99% of people on ANY fuel.
I run e myself, just E25 since i havent upgrade the pump. I personally wont change it in for the time been, its been proven how long it will take for the ethanol to damage it but when it start to affect it, what can we do? Change it ?. So I will wait until I start to get some fuel problem before I look into upgrading me. The intank is a pita to change ?

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It is none of those things. I'm running the pump alone with stock fuel lines (not drilled) and have no issues whatsoever. What they're saying is, by drilling the line you change how the flow control works since its not matched to the pump.
I guess that's sort of exactly what I'm getting at- it's not matched to the drilled out fuel line OR the OEM line as it comes from the factory. I mean, someone above claimed that the owner of XDI drilled a stock line to match the pump, so by deduction the OEM line isn't matched either.

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I guess that's sort of exactly what I'm getting at- it's not matched to the drilled out fuel line OR the OEM line as it comes from the factory. I mean, someone above claimed that the owner of XDI drilled a stock line to match the pump, so by deduction the OEM line isn't matched either.
Match for the most gain. It is plenty enough for most people I would say 99%, the only reason you would drill it would be for show/dyno numbers. As you can see from others build the pump plus turbo get you in the area that you would want to look at reinforcing the engine. So you wont need to do anything to the fuel line if you are not upgrading the turbo, and if you are, you are putting enough money that a fuel line upgrade would the least of your worries. If you only want to run E30-E60 downpipe and XDI pump should all you need to get you over 400hp

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Thus the reason why theres a lot of discussion and trials on what the best way is to bring out the most from the XDI pump from the oem line. Were literally only months into Hondata supporting the pump, think about where we can hopefully be a year from now. Hopefully, people keep testing to see what works best so it gives us multiple options that are reliable.

I hope that a line is released at some point for a reasonable price. If not, ill gladly try and max out the XDI pump on the oem line without drilling.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.