Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Isn’t it a double edge sword running e50 with the xdi pump while still on the OEM low pressure in tank fuel pump? It’s my understanding it can corrode with higher ethanol concentrations over time.
We’ve seen failures at E85, but not E50. We just can’t say for sure how long, not enough people have tried since running more than E30 required a fuel system and the only fuel system option that was available for the longest time also included a LPFP.
Sponsored

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Isn’t it a double edge sword running e50 with the xdi pump while still on the OEM low pressure in tank fuel pump? It’s my understanding it can corrode with higher ethanol concentrations over time.
You have an undefined variable there, though. "over time" does this mean 6 months, 10 years? 100 years?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Only way to know for sure is by tearing down the pump, which I’m not entirely sure is reversible.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
I agree. I’m making more power with FBO+93
I want to see FBO+XDI with stock injectors to see if it’s worth getting because if not I’ll just get meth injection for now till I can built the motor for more power
its all about power wanted if your on 93/meth/fbo's/maf/ like me and good tuner this unit isnt really needed

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
its all about power wanted if your on 93/meth/fbo's/maf/ like me and good tuner this unit isnt really needed
this might give you a slight edge in the midrange on 93 but it's nowhere near the benefits seen on ethanol and won't give you a horsepower increase unless you're one of the unlucky few with a shite OEM pump (@boosted180sx COUGH)

breakingakajav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 91 Miata, 19 X-trek
Country flag
Just trying to stay informed and get all the facts before making a decision ?
I think you need to have an end goal in mind before considering your options.

It's really inefficient to wing-it.

The car is still in its early stage of aftermarket development and there are still bottlenecks with it. Granted we have a 800+ WHP typeR now but what's the limit? Evo VIII and IX's pushed over 1,000 WHP. So, i'd guess we still have some level of growth left.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

The car is still in its early stage of aftermarket development and there are still bottlenecks with it. Granted we have a 800+ WHP typeR now but what's the limit? Evo VIII and IX's pushed over 1,000 WHP. So, i'd guess we still have some level of growth left.
Yeah well we have blocks made out of glass instead of cast iron so...

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag

Personally I’m not interested in upgrading the turbo at this time, but rather in having the OEM turbo be efficient and produce as much “healthy” power as possible. I currently just run a OTS basemap tune on e25, but I know the fuel pump is near tapped. This xdi pump seems like a great option even if I’m not trying to go all out. I’d love to safely run E50 and be in the low to mid 400 range, if possible.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.