Jrn450

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
That is definitely something I have thought of, when it comes to using the XDI pump with pump gas. I had to reduce mid range boost a ton due to my stock HPFP but I wonder how much is safe for the internals.
Stock internals have been proved to hold well over 500
Sponsored

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Im interested to see how many trans issues we see pop up as more and more people move into the bigger turbo realm. We constantly see people talking about being worried about the bottom end and it seems like the trans has somewhat been overlooked as far as when people start shearing gears.

I know it did not take long for the K20 6spd in 8th gens and RSX's to go after adding a turbo haha

Jrn450

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Im interested to see how many trans issues we see pop up as more and more people move into the bigger turbo realm. We constantly see people talking about being worried about the bottom end and it seems like the trans has somewhat been overlooked as far as when people start shearing gears.

I know it did not take long for the K20 6spd in 8th gens and RSX's to go after adding a turbo haha
I think we are going to see that even with motors. People will start slapping this pumps on the cars not data-logging to look for the next safe step and blow them then blame xdi

Tsong

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
Can't wait to see what results people get with this pump. I'm currently FBO + flex fuel and honestly didn't feel like I gained much from FBO versus just the flex fuel as I quickly maxed out the available fuel. Definitely plan on picking up a pump here soon to hopefully take advantage of the mods I already have. If I can get to 450whp by adding this pump I'll definitely be very pleased.
There are multiple type r’s at my tuning shop that has made 450 plus hp with fbo, flex, and hondata fsu. This of course is with a custom tune. I’m sure with the pump you ll hit those numbers.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There are multiple type r’s at my tuning shop that has made 450 plus hp with fbo, flex, and hondata fsu. This of course is with a custom tune. I’m sure with the pump you ll hit those numbers.
Are these numbers from a Dynapack (Hub Dyno)?

Jrn450

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I am still waiting for my xdi pump to ship. Is there anyone with it installed and wanting to share some datalogs for the benefit of the community? My plan is to datalog before and after installation without making any changes to the map get basic data to start providing some real world data to the community.

Jrn450

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I am still waiting for my xdi pump to ship. Is there anyone with it installed and wanting to share some datalogs for the benefit of the community? My plan is to datalog before and after installation without making any changes to the map get basic data to start providing some real world data to the community.
As of today my research with the xdi got cancelled. I found an amazing deal on a hondata fuel system and couldn’t pass that up maybe get an xdi to try things out

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

the only broken trans from horse power ive seen is pepo when he had a garrett turbo and like 600 whp, but that was with slicks and 15k of beating on it.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Kefi ... update us on them lines ... please I have a tune session Monday . I wanted to run some corn
Just got some news a few hours ago actually. Turns out, modifying the OEM fuel lines makes the pump duty drop by 20% in some configurations. What they did can be done from home, although not reversible. Hondata fuel line effectively does the same thing.

XDI will be working on a solution for customers. Not sure yet what that will be exactly.

While the modified lines still aren’t REQUIRED to use this pump and see benefits, these configurations will see additional benefit:
1. Anyone running full E85
2. Big turbos wanting to run more than E20-E30 (probably, not confirmed yet)
3. Stock turbo wanting to run E50 or more

Horsepower levels aren’t known. All we know is modifying the OEM line makes the pump have up to another 20% of wiggle room.

Another important thing to note: any ethanol content on the stock pump won’t be the same power output as on the EVO in the first place. You don’t have to reduce boost as much. The lines would just be another step up.

Last edited:

jdv19852010

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Well dang... That's what I wanted to run . E50... I even changed out my low pressure fuel pump this morning...
Thanks , man....

Honda Civic 10th gen Xtreme-DI EVO fuel upgrade discussion PXL_20210123_171944637
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.