Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So if I get the fuel pump then I don’t need to run a mix anymore? No other requirements?
It’s recommended to upgrade your in tank fuel pump alongside your high pressure fuel pump if you’re doing straight E85 but there are no other requirements.
Sponsored

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I would take anything that is said by that guy with a grain of salt. Horribly biased reviews from a questionable individual and thats putting it lightly. Hes also "Aston D Martin" on Facebook.
Not even his real name and he scammed a bunch of prelude guys for a lot of money back in the day

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I knew this was coming lol, I legit wanted members thoughts on using just the pump but I am very aware of the reputation and situation..I guess that answers my question and reinforces my thoughts
Luke from 4Piston responded to a question about upgrading the fuel line with the XDI pump. His response "I've made 600whp on the OEM High Pressure line and OEM in tank pump with XDI pump and injectors." That should answer your question about running just the XDI pump. There was skepticism from the beginning about the Hondata Fuel System just being a pieced together kit of miscellaneous parts. I never bought it because the price seemed unreasonable considering our HPFP was always the weak point. The product reviews page will defend their "partners" to the death, they even delete comments about the poor quality of the HiRev taillights and ban folks for asking questions about them.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Luke from 4Piston responded to a question about upgrading the fuel line with the XDI pump. His response "I've made 600whp on the OEM High Pressure line and OEM in tank pump with XDI pump and injectors." That should answer your question about running just the XDI pump. There was skepticism from the beginning about the Hondata Fuel System just being a pieced together kit of miscellaneous parts. I never bought it because the price seemed unreasonable considering our HPFP was always the weak point. The product reviews page will defend their "partners" to the death, they even delete comments about the poor quality of the HiRev taillights and ban folks for asking questions about them.
Them taillights do look nice though

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They do, the quality is just not there though. To many of them have problems.
I know a guy who had to get 3 different sets sent to him each one having a different issue. At least their customer service seems good

Tsong

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
They do, the quality is just not there though. To many of them have problems.
For the price, the Mugen ones should come as sequential. It’s hard to pull the trigger on the hirev due to the quality issues, but I do agree that do look good.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
For the price, the Mugen ones should come as sequential. It’s hard to pull the trigger on the hirev due to the quality issues, but I do agree that do look good.
If the Mugen ones have better fitment and you don’t need to go through 2-3 lights I say it’s probably worth the less hassle even without that feature at the higher price.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I’m just looking for a reasonable tune to not hit 100 duty, not 600hp like you guys. Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with!

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Assuming you can pull that much fuel trim out (~25%)
As far as I know the overall fuel trim has no limit, the closed loop system however will not go past 25%.

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
If the Mugen ones have better fitment and you don’t need to go through 2-3 lights I say it’s probably worth the less hassle even without that feature at the higher price.
yup exactly, plus you get Jdm points lol, honestly those lights wouldn’t even have existed if mugen didn’t come out with theirs if you think about it..anyways back on topic!

Last edited:

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yup exactly, plus you get Jdm points lol, honestly those lights wouldn’t even have existed if mugen didn’t come out with theirs if you think about it..anyways back on topic!
I’d say they wouldn’t have ever came out if mugen had made a good product. The mugen taillights have worse issues than the knock offs at a premium
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.