jdv19852010

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
that’s awesome I’m sure we’re all just as excited as you too see how this plays out? Which pump exactly did you go with for the low pressure? Is there one specifically for our vehicle or a generic? Also are you doing the injectors as well?
DeatschWerks 340lph DW300C Compact Fuel Pump w/o Mounting Clips Honda Civic Type R 2017-2020
DEATSCHWERKSSKU: 9-307-1059 Should be a plug and play. No modifications.
I should be getting it tomorrow. I wont be doing injectors. I have FBO and stock turbo . I do plan on running E85 tho , if possible.
Sponsored

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
DeatschWerks 340lph DW300C Compact Fuel Pump w/o Mounting Clips Honda Civic Type R 2017-2020
DEATSCHWERKSSKU: 9-307-1059 Should be a plug and play. No modifications.
I should be getting it tomorrow. I wont be doing injectors. I have FBO and stock turbo . I do plan on running E85 tho , if possible.
thanks for that, many seem to think it’s more then enough just to run the high pressure pump even with an upgraded turbo. You just being cautious with it?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
thanks for that, many seem to think it’s more then enough just to run the high pressure pump even with an upgraded turbo. You just being cautious with it?
Running full E85 requires an upgraded in tank pump, the stock pump is brushed and the contacts will wear away rapidly. Otherwise, the OEM will do mostly fine until you start making over 500whp. Lower ethanol concentrations like 30-40 have also been shown to be fine for at least a couple of years (not to say it won’t go longer but we just don’t have the data)

Last edited:

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Running full E85 requires an upgraded in tank pump, the stock pump is brushed and the contacts will wear away rapidly. Otherwise, the OEM will do mostly fine until you start making over 500whp. Lower ethanol concentrations like 30-40 have also been shown to be fine for at least a couple of years (not to say it won’t go longer but we just don’t have the data)
Also note that the stock pump in my car looses 10-12 psi by redlne on e55-e60 and roughly 500hp worth of fuel.. dw is probabaly a smart upgrade path when a drop in turbo a ethanol is used

HondaRedbullF1

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
So we just need a high pressure and a low pressure fuel pump to run full e85? Hondata basemap will be just fine for this right? Or is a custom tune required?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So we just need a high pressure and a low pressure fuel pump to run full e85? Hondata basemap will be just fine for this right? Or is a custom tune required?
You’ll need a custom tune. There are no basemaps for this pump.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Stock turbo doesn't need a low pressure pump for e85, but wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade to a ethanol compatible unit.

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Stumbled across “fk8 reviews” fuel system article. As it relates to our topic on pumps I found some information that seems to disagree with our beliefs that xdi’s high flow pump alone can be beneficial to us potential users as a stand alone mod.

“As we all know, Hondata today sells a a complete solution for the FK8's fuel system upgrade called, Hondata Fuel System upgrade kit (HFS). This a totally integrated solution that includes ALL the necessary hardware and software to improve fuel delivery of the FK8. Those critical components in a box for $2,850 USD retail are what makes up an entire fuel system you need to be clear of:

1) Low pressure fuel pump (LPFP intank) and low pressure fuel line

2) High pressure fuel pump (HPFP by engine) and high pressure fuel line

3) High flow fuel injectors

4) Fuel pump software (FPM and FP)

5) Calibrations aka tunes

ALL those 5 components are also required for the XDI path. What users easily forget is that nothing is "an island on its own" but really is a system. You simply can't change one part and expect significant changes while not impacting other components. By that I mean:

• HPFP delivers high pressure and requires high pressure line

• LPFP delivers volume and requires low pressure line

• Injectors spray

• Software manages hardware and tells it what to do

• Tunes customize performance based on user needs

Upgrading the HPFP alone doesn't do much good if you don't have the increased volume that it needs and is delivered by the LPFP. Increasing both pressure and volume doesn't do any good if the lines can't handle such.

NOTE: OE fuel lines are restricted in flow when the engine is producing over 400 HP”

also didn’t 4pistons make 600+hp on stock fuel lines..?

thoughts on this?

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stumbled across “fk8 reviews” fuel system article. As it relates to our topic on pumps I found some information that seems to disagree with our beliefs that xdi’s high flow pump alone can be beneficial to us potential users as a stand alone mod.

“As we all know, Hondata today sells a a complete solution for the FK8's fuel system upgrade called, Hondata Fuel System upgrade kit (HFS). This a totally integrated solution that includes ALL the necessary hardware and software to improve fuel delivery of the FK8. Those critical components in a box for $2,850 USD retail are what makes up an entire fuel system you need to be clear of:

1) Low pressure fuel pump (LPFP intank) and low pressure fuel line

2) High pressure fuel pump (HPFP by engine) and high pressure fuel line

3) High flow fuel injectors

4) Fuel pump software (FPM and FP)

5) Calibrations aka tunes

ALL those 5 components are also required for the XDI path. What users easily forget is that nothing is "an island on its own" but really is a system. You simply can't change one part and expect significant changes while not impacting other components. By that I mean:

• HPFP delivers high pressure and requires high pressure line

• LPFP delivers volume and requires low pressure line

• Injectors spray

• Software manages hardware and tells it what to do

• Tunes customize performance based on user needs

Upgrading the HPFP alone doesn't do much good if you don't have the increased volume that it needs and is delivered by the LPFP. Increasing both pressure and volume doesn't do any good if the lines can't handle such.

NOTE: OE fuel lines are restricted in flow when the engine is producing over 400 HP”

also didn’t 4pistons make 600+hp on stock fuel lines..?

thoughts on this?
Do yourself a favor and immediately leave that group. It’s full of disinformation and product bias to whomever gives them parts for free.

I would trust groups/companies/people who actually know what they’re talking about and actually dyno test, race prove their products. Such as PRL, Full Race, XDI, Rampage etc., not some product review group..

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do yourself a favor and immediately leave that group. It’s full of disinformation and product bias to whomever gives them parts for free.

I would trust groups/companies/people who actually know what they’re talking about and actually dyno test, race prove their products. Such as PRL, Full Race, XDI, Rampage etc., not some product review group..
I knew this was coming lol, I legit wanted members thoughts on using just the pump but I am very aware of the reputation and situation..I guess that answers my question and reinforces my thoughts

Last edited:

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I would take anything that is said by that guy with a grain of salt. Horribly biased reviews from a questionable individual and thats putting it lightly. Hes also "Aston D Martin" on Facebook.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I knew this was coming lol, I legit wanted members thoughts on using just the pump but I am very aware of the reputation and situation..I guess that answers my question and reinforces my thoughts
No worries at all. A few of us here have already purchased the XDI pump and will be installing and dyno tuning very soon and will report back actual results very soon. If XDI & Hondata say they made good power on this pump alone, I would trust that.

HondaRedbullF1

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Stock turbo doesn't need a low pressure pump for e85, but wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade to a ethanol compatible unit.
So if I get the fuel pump then I don’t need to run a mix anymore? No other requirements?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.