First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
I agree. I’m making more power with FBO+93
I want to see FBO+XDI with stock injectors to see if it’s worth getting because if not I’ll just get meth injection for now till I can built the motor for more power
I'd like to see feedback on this as well, weighing if this pump is worth doing running FBO on 94 octane..
Sponsored

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'd like to see feedback on this as well, weighing if this pump is worth doing running FBO on 94 octane..
I'm not tuning expert by any means, but I do know the turbo can outrun the stock fuel system.

Depending on whether or not you are currently, or plan to in the future, run ethanol there is a benefit to be seen. I'm sure @D-RobIMW or @kefi has a better depth of knowledge as to just how much more the turbo has left to give.

Realistically though, ethanol users are going to be the big winners here.

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
I'm not tuning expert by any means, but I do know the turbo can outrun the stock fuel system.

Depending on whether or not you are currently, or plan to in the future, run ethanol there is a benefit to be seen. I'm sure @D-RobIMW or @kefi has a better depth of knowledge as to just how much more the turbo has left to give.

Realistically though, ethanol users are going to be the big winners here.
I hear that just don’t got that available to me and for that reason I’ll just stick to the simplicity of fuel I can get my hands on.

there’s been many guys maxing out pump on FBO I guess there’s no way of telling unless I get a dyno tune done.

question if your not maxing out the oem pump..with xdi’s flowing more will you see a noticeable gain even without a upgraded turbo?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You'll make a little more peak torque on 93 and be able to run safer/cooler AFRs while still making the same power (good for the track) but the stock fuel system/turbo is only limited in the midrange on pump gas so it doesn't really make a difference in horsepower. On ethanol it makes a huge difference though. One of my customers is running E50 with FBOs+XDI pump+rampage MAF and seeing the kind of boost levels you'd see on 93 (28psi peak, 22psi redline) but with hella ignition advance. I'd probably put it at 450whp/425lbft, but we'll see once he goes to the dyno.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
You'll make a little more peak torque on 93 and be able to run safer/cooler AFRs while still making the same power (good for the track) but the stock fuel system/turbo is only limited in the midrange on pump gas so it doesn't really make a difference in horsepower. On ethanol it makes a huge difference though. One of my customers is running E50 with FBOs+XDI pump+rampage MAF and seeing the kind of boost levels you'd see on 93 (28psi peak, 22psi redline) but with hella ignition advance. I'd probably put it at 450whp/425lbft, but we'll see once he goes to the dyno.

Stock injectors?

vcastle

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Stock injectors ? If so I would definitely get the pump and run ethanol too

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So that leads to the next question... on E50, what's the duty cycle of the stock injectors?
On that datalog and tune in particular, 40% through the pull. Keep in mind that duty is a function of RPM (INJ * RPM / 1200) and that the injector duration can be affected by the pressure you're running - it's not as easy as asking what the duty cycle is on E50.
Honda Civic 10th gen Xtreme-DI EVO fuel upgrade discussion 1614024683210

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
On that datalog and tune in particular, 40% through the pull. Keep in mind that duty is a function of RPM (INJ * RPM / 1200) and that the injector duration can be affected by the pressure you're running - it's not as easy as asking what the duty cycle is on E50.
1614024683210.png
I feel it is an important metric to discuss given the fuel source.

Last edited:

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Duty cycle on injectors on cars with HPFP and LPFPs are really foreign to me, as I dont know how the duty cycle is impacted by the HPFP.

On older hondas, if you were running into the ceiling of the IDC, I think you could just add in a bit more base pressure to help out. Is it the same with DI?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Duty cycle on injectors on cars with HPFP and LPFPs are really foreign to me, as I dont know how the duty cycle is impacted by the HPFP.

On older hondas, if you were running into the ceiling of the IDC, I think you could just add in a bit more base pressure to help out. Is it the same with DI?
Yes, but it also taxes the HPFP itself more.

Lower pressure = less HPFP duty and thus more potential flow, but also higher injector duration. Higher pressure = higher HPFP duty, but also lower injector duration. Past about 40% injector duty the fuel doesn't have enough time to atomize and may cause misfires, so being able to do E50 at 40% is perfect.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Does it make a different if u mix E50 with e89-e91-e93? ?
For ignition advance and knock, yes. The base fuel matters too - 91 vs 93 is the same octane difference as E30 vs E40, except your ECU can't tell so it'll run too much ignition.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Isn’t it a double edge sword running e50 with the xdi pump while still on the OEM low pressure in tank fuel pump? It’s my understanding it can corrode with higher ethanol concentrations over time.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.