First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So i have a couple of these on order, they come in tomorrow.

T10/BA9s/Festoon Bluetooth LED Panel Bulb XKchrome App Controlled wireless Car/Truck Interior Light LED, dome light, T10, BA9S, Festoon Adapters, 29 Ð 33mm festoon, 1156, 1157, 3156, 3157 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077V2XT1B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nhy9Cb4HTCWY6

Anyone have experience with these? Will the xkchrome software work on a hondahacked head unit (2018 si sedan)... and connect to the lights over bluetooth? Or am I stuck running the software on my phone?

Anything I should be aware of?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
I don't have any experience with them, but I just looked them up. And for the price why not give it a shot. They only had 4 reviews, so not much info to go off of. As long as the white led is bright, I think I'll purchase them too.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just placed my order, will be here by Wednesday. I'll let you kno

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just placed my order, will be here by Wednesday. I'll let you kno
Mine should be here tomorrow, so I will update this thread once I get the apk on the head unit and test them.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also hope the whites are good, I hate the current map lights for checking/fixing makeup, and at night it would be nice to have red LEDs akin to marine night mode lights.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
:doh:
I also hope the whites are good, I hate the current map lights for checking/fixing makeup, and at night it would be nice to have red LEDs akin to marine night mode lights.
I f'd up when I ordered mine last night. I didn't realize that it was only for one light. So I'm still gonna test it out, and if I like them I will order the others

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:doh:
I f'd up when I ordered mine last night. I didn't realize that it was only for one light. So I'm still gonna test it out, and if I like them I will order the others
Yeah, I almost did the same. More expensive than originally presumed too.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is raining at the moment, otherwise I would install them. I did run a couple quick tests and the lights and the software are just fine.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's only 3 for inside the car, and I guess if you feeling real froggy a 4tg for the trunk lol

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I do have some led strips similar to these in my amazon cart. But I wonder if the same company makes that too.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do have some led strips similar to these in my amazon cart. But I wonder if the same company makes that too.
Xkglow specializes in led strippers, they have bunches.

Also, I tested one of the lights, unfortunately:

1. The socket on the light is too long, it stops the map light from being able to rock for turning on/off. I will work on modifying it tonight, I should be able to remove half of the socket to make it fit better and I will 3m tape/glue the led board to the socket.

2. I could not get the xkglow software to install on my Honda hacked head unit. The apk is greyed out in the install screen. I don't know if it is because it does not support the android version running on the head unit, or of the is some other issue. I will research more on this today. I can always use the app on my phone to change them, but I would prefer xkchrome running on my head unit.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just trod a test fit, and was about to tell you the same thing about fitment. The bulbs are vertical. They use to fit horizontal. Also the connection is extremely loose. It would keep losing power on me.

Looking forward to your results, I'm working nights so I haven't been able to dive into it yet

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just trod a test fit, and was about to tell you the same thing about fitment. The bulbs are vertical. They use to fit horizontal. Also the connection is extremely loose. It would keep losing power on me.

Looking forward to your results, I'm working nights so I haven't been able to dive into it yet
Any idea why the apk is grayed out in the hondahack installer? Is it an unsupported android version? The head unit runs 4.2.2 I believe, and the only details I could find about xkchrome references android 4.3......

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven't tried the apk version. And I wouldn't have thought about it if you didn't bring it up lol. Might be better that it's not working. I find the head unit runs slow as fuck with all the apps. But when I get time I'll download it and see if I'm ha i g the same problems

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't tried the apk version. And I wouldn't have thought about it if you didn't bring it up lol. Might be better that it's not working. I find the head unit runs slow as fuck with all the apps. But when I get time I'll download it and see if I'm ha i g the same problems
Regarding the head unit... it is only sometimes slow. I run the blackvue apk on it for adjusting my camera settings. Works fine for that.

Regarding the socket adapter....
1. I pulled the socket plastic apart
2. I then pulled out the wires and stripped another half inch or so of shielding off them
4. Doubled the wires by folding them over
5. Wrapped a piece of electrical tape around the socket to af a bit of width and grip
6. Left the back part of the socket off and fed the doubled up wires back through the other half of the socket (make sure the the end of the wires stay in the socket)
7. Fold the wires back over the socket
8. Used the 3m tape to secure the led panel to the socket.

Works now, though they are so bright I may mount the led panels against the wall of the map light to diffuse them a bit.

Pictures:

Honda Civic 10th gen Xkchrome (xkglow) Dome LEDs and Hondahack Head Unit 20190605_203418
Honda Civic 10th gen Xkchrome (xkglow) Dome LEDs and Hondahack Head Unit 20190605_203438
Honda Civic 10th gen Xkchrome (xkglow) Dome LEDs and Hondahack Head Unit 20190605_203611
Honda Civic 10th gen Xkchrome (xkglow) Dome LEDs and Hondahack Head Unit 20190605_203649
Honda Civic 10th gen Xkchrome (xkglow) Dome LEDs and Hondahack Head Unit 20190605_203743
Honda Civic 10th gen Xkchrome (xkglow) Dome LEDs and Hondahack Head Unit 20190605_203738
Honda Civic 10th gen Xkchrome (xkglow) Dome LEDs and Hondahack Head Unit 20190605_203855
Honda Civic 10th gen Xkchrome (xkglow) Dome LEDs and Hondahack Head Unit 20190605_203852
Honda Civic 10th gen Xkchrome (xkglow) Dome LEDs and Hondahack Head Unit 20190605_203954

View attachment 155921

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0