Xenondepot LED Headlight + HID Review - 2016 Accord

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Saw a few posts about the LED kit so I figured I would post my review of both Xenondepot's LED H11 kit and their HID Xtreme kit. This might be a long one...

LED Headlight Kit: http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-LED-headlight-kit-p/h11-led-hl.htm

PICS: http://imgur.com/a/H4ej3

Pros:
Very simple install
Don't need to mount extra boxes or run more wiring
lifespan, they will last life of the car at least
instant on
can retain use of auto on headlights
Great look at 6000k
Cons:
Brightness lower than hid
Less throw than HID and/or oem bulbs
diodes located on sides of bulb rather than 360* light causing non-optimal light pattern
POSSIBLE dimming as they heat up

HID Xtreme Kit with 4300k Philips bulbs: http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-HID-Kit-Xtreme-HID-p/xt-h11.htm

PICS: http://imgur.com/a/6Nv5m

Pros:
Unparalleled field of vision
Brightness
4300k color allows most visible light on road
Cons:
More difficult install
More parts to break/have issues
lifespan no where close to LEDs although plenty long
4300k color not as "cool" as LEDs (although the philips bulbs will color shift to approx 4700k)
Possible electro-magnetic interference (I have ZERO radio static) as their kit supposedly contains proper EMI filters

LONG REVIEW AHEAD

I had HIDs on my two previous cars, a Mazdaspeed 3 and 2010 Accord coupe, one was a DDM kit, and the next was a xenondepot Volt kit. I wanted to try something different with this car and since LEDs are the new hotness I decided to try that. Benefits were plug and play and very very easy install with a long lifespan and whiteish blue light. They worked fine for what they were, great quality in the hand, but the light output and pattern left something to be desired as the diodes don't project 360* light. Great for stock like brightness with a better look, but I wanted more light. So I ordered the xenondepot xtreme HID kit with philips 4300k bulbs.

The HID kit quality feels very good, ballasts are weighted nicely with thick metal casings, unlike the DDMs I had which had a tin-like case. During operation they are also completely silent much like my volt kit also from xenondepot, however my DDM kit's ballasts would whine/buzz.

The 4300k bulbs match in color exactly, and according to other users and xenondepot they will color-shift to 4700k during the first 100 hours of use which will be just about perfect.

The install was not bad at all, much easier than my two previous cars, using one large zip tie per ballast right behind each headlight, they can be removed and reinstalled in under 10 minutes if needed. The only hiccup was having to reverse the pins in a plug on the kit which took under 5 minutes.

The result is a great light throw, brightness and nice OEM luxury look.

As an aside, xenondepot's customer service in my experience has been second to none. With their volt kit I had issues with one side and after a short discussion on the phone I was shipped a new bulb, ballast and relay harness (which I did not use on that car or this car), and then had 3 years of trouble free operation. They respond to emails/PMs within a couple of hours, and sometimes quicker.

Sponsored

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Awesome review. I just installed the Xtreme hid kit (6500K) and I would agree with everything you said. I am having some slight flickering in the passenger side bulb, but I already spoke to xd and they advised to troubleshoot some things and if it didn't fix it they would gladly send out a replacement. Other than that, I am very happy with the upgrade over stock. I can actually see the road now.

OP
OP
G26okie

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome review. I just installed the Xtreme hid kit (6500K) and I would agree with everything you said. I am having some slight flickering in the passenger side bulb, but I already spoke to xd and they advised to troubleshoot some things and if it didn't fix it they would gladly send out a replacement. Other than that, I am very happy with the upgrade over stock. I can actually see the road now.
Thanks. The flickering, is it like the bulb completely turns off/on or like a very very slight candle flicker?

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord Sport, 2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
I talked to one of the guys at XD and he had one customer use an HID kit for 10 years. The Philips bulbs are great which I use in my Accord, but the 5000k bulbs are a perfect match to the DRLs. Also will agree the FOV is phenomenal.

OP
OP
G26okie

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked to one of the guys at XD and he had one customer use an HID kit for 10 years. The Philips bulbs are great which I use in my Accord, but the 5000k bulbs are a perfect match to the DRLs. Also will agree the FOV is phenomenal.
Yeah. I had their cheaper Volt kit on my Accord coupe for 3 years. Never a flicker, never failed to ignite, ballasts always silent. Traded the car in with them on.

Pics of my install:

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenondepot LED Headlight + HID Review - 2016 Accord 8tfRb6X

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenondepot LED Headlight + HID Review - 2016 Accord bUGApcr

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
This is good news to hear. I have their led kit and I'm disappointed in the output of light. I talked to xenon depot and they can't return them since they are used buto they said they will sell me the xtreme kit for $100 shipped. Now I've heard a good review about this I'll probably take them up on their offer. I want to be able to see the moose on the highway I'm about to hit lol.

OP
OP
G26okie

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is good news to hear. I have their led kit and I'm disappointed in the output of light. I talked to xenon depot and they can't return them since they are used buto they said they will sell me the xtreme kit for $100 shipped. Now I've heard a good review about this I'll probably take them up on their offer. I want to be able to see the moose on the highway I'm about to hit lol.
Yeah, I read about some having problems with the light throw with the LEDs, told myself eh I don't need throw, but I wanted the brightest I could get within reason.

To help visibility stick with either 4300k or 5000k bulbs with the hid kit.

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I used to have a 5000k kit in my old dodge magnum and loved it. Whitest light I've see in a light bulb. I just remember them being bright as hell lol. Just need to try to sell my led kit now

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Update: I ended up having to remove the rubber ring from the old halogens and put them on the hid bulbs in order for them to fit correctly, didn't even notice they were a bit loose, which I thought caused the flicker. Sadly, the right side still flickers a bit here and there. It is probably a junk bulb that needs to be replaced. I am going to hit up XD today. Their customer service seems to be on point which is awesome.

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Yeah, I read about some having problems with the light throw with the LEDs, told myself eh I don't need throw, but I wanted the brightest I could get within reason.

To help visibility stick with either 4300k or 5000k bulbs with the hid kit.
The issue with led plug and play kit are the design. There's some kits that can be adjusted to match the halogen filament but diode location becomes an issue as well. I haven't seen an led kit that matches the light pattern of the stock bulb. HID kits seems to output nearly identical pattern to stock even though hid bulbs are a lot longer in length.

headlight hot spot get a bad rep but the hotspot was design to give you a better light throw for distance visibility. For a good throw I recommend getting a 55w hid kit. The overall light out is a little brighter than a 35w kit but what makes the 55w better is the hotspot is a lot brighter than a 35w kit.

Here's an example I saw about the light pattern comparison.

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenondepot LED Headlight + HID Review - 2016 Accord 2XpAI2H

OP
OP
G26okie

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: I ended up having to remove the rubber ring from the old halogens and put them on the hid bulbs in order for them to fit correctly, didn't even notice they were a bit loose, which I thought caused the flicker. Sadly, the right side still flickers a bit here and there. It is probably a junk bulb that needs to be replaced. I am going to hit up XD today. Their customer service seems to be on point which is awesome.
Weird, I used the red ring that came on the xenondepot bulbs and they seem to be in there pretty snug.

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Weird, I used the red ring that came on the xenondepot bulbs and they seem to be in there pretty snug.
using the one that came with the bulbs, the bulb would literally not fit in the housing to turn it to lock, then i noticed the ring was sitting on the top part of the bulb by the 3 tabs, so i pushed it down the bottom to allow more room for the bulb to catch, still nothing. The guy from xd said it happens, so to just swap them, seems fine now. I know it is weird though, almost doesnt make sense why I would need to do that.