Fk8Miggy

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Hello I have a 2019 Type r , it is full bolts ons and on ethanol and a XDI fuel pump. Recently got tuned by someone and felt like the car wasn’t running right.. top end it would cut off.. asked another tuner to check it out and he said it was my AFR was bad. Either that the LPFP can’t keep up with the XDI pump (HPFP) or might have to drill the fuel pump line to get more fuel in the injectors. I am confused because I don’t know what is the true issue is and I’m trying to figure that out. Please any help or and advice would be truly appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fk8Miggy

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic type r
Country flag
emailed some datalog! Thanks!

Ahamenes13

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Hello I have a 2019 Type r , it is full bolts ons and on ethanol and a XDI fuel pump. Recently got tuned by someone and felt like the car wasn’t running right.. top end it would cut off.. asked another tuner to check it out and he said it was my AFR was bad. Either that the LPFP can’t keep up with the XDI pump (HPFP) or might have to drill the fuel pump line to get more fuel in the injectors. I am confused because I don’t know what is the true issue is and I’m trying to figure that out. Please any help or and advice would be truly appreciated!
You have to do both cause I was fighting with same issues xdi doesn't tell you that but you need to change the lpfp and drill the line the car will drive much better afterwards. I wish xdi posted this info on their site. I was getting break ups running lean all kind of craziness.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You have to do both cause I was fighting with same issues xdi doesn't tell you that but you need to change the lpfp and drill the line the car will drive much better afterwards. I wish xdi posted this info on their site. I was getting break ups running lean all kind of craziness.
I'm tuning multiple customers with just the XDI pump on E50 without drilling the fuel line or anything and they're doing just fine, on the track, on the dyno, and on the street. It's all about your tuner being competent.

Ahamenes13

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
I'm tuning multiple customers with just the XDI pump on E50 without drilling the fuel line or anything and they're doing just fine, on the track, on the dyno, and on the street. It's all about your tuner being competent.
I guess xdi isn't competent with their own product then cause these were all also recommendations from them which I thought was ridiculous and even after sending them data logs

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I guess xdi isn't competent with their own product then cause these were all also recommendations from them which I thought was ridiculous and even after sending them data logs
They will help flow more fuel to the pump, yes. They're not going to tell you how to change your fuel pressures, lambda targets, and air charge limits in the tune in order to stress the pump less and make it work on the stock turbo without those mods. The 'mod' in Hondata for the XDI is pretty useless, it's not a full basemap designed for it like they have for the Hondata Fuel System.

However, if you've got a turbo *and* ethanol, those physical mods are required.

OP
OP

Fk8Miggy

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic type r
Country flag
What specs did you drill the line to? I already installed a aftermarket LPFP since I’m going to be running above e40

bolis_fk8

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8
Country flag
What specs did you drill the line to? I already installed a aftermarket LPFP since I’m going to be running above e40
5/64" I believe
Sponsored