• Total voters

JMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Honda Accord
Country flag
Hi Guys,
Trying to see which is the main reason of clutch failure on the X gen Si.
Do the other 10 gen Civics models also have similar issues?

Please choose a possible reason of clutch failure and the year of your Si.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I know you're starting all these surveys to help you decide to buy or not. The info is already out there in the forum.

I'm kind of the reliability guru around these parts. The stock clutch is fine at stock power and even on most base/mild OTS tunes. Most only have replaced their clutch as a preventative when going custom or a higher power ethanol type tune.

Feel free to check out my tune reliability study. Link in my signature.

Bottom line. These are good and reliable cars that offer good performance and good fuel economy.

2020CivicSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
This is a bad poll. There should be a “no problems so far” option.

I have a stock 2020 with 40k miles. My clutch has been fine. From what I’ve seen, clutch failures are rather uncommon at stock power. If you don’t plan to mod, then I wouldn’t worry about it.

Also I’d just listen to gtman’s advice since he’s the one who made that reliability survey 🤷‍♂️

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And here I read that survey as why did my (OP) clutch fail. Never had an OEM clutch fail on any Honda I have owned.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know you're starting all these surveys to help you decide to buy or not. The info is already out there in the forum.

I'm kind of the reliability guru around these parts. The stock clutch is fine at stock power and even on most base/mild OTS tunes. Most only have replaced their clutch as a preventative when going custom or a higher power ethanol type tune.

Feel free to check out my tune reliability study. Link in my signature.

Bottom line. These are good and reliable cars that offer good performance and good fuel economy.
The great thing about looking at a 10th Gen at this point is that there is five full years of data and accumulated knowledge. Much of it here on this forum. The bad thing is you are looking at a used car so you have no idea how a previous owner treated the clutch. Either way, the poll itself will not give you the answers you seek. The search bar is what you need. Good luck!

p.s. on the plus side you now have three decent options for aftermarket clutch replacement, though supply is still hard to come by. The rest of us had to wait years for those to come to market.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
My 2019 clutch was holding just fine at stock power. When I tuned it, I got slippage. After pulling the disk and pressure plate, it was clear that there was plenty of life left on the disk meaning the pressure plate doesn't have the clamping force to handle increased torque.

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
tuned with cai, and intercooler. i did achieve clutch slippage but only in extreme cold air scenarios when maximum cold air would feed into my engine and the clutch couldnt handle it. i think now tho, the clutch has gotten used to it. 47k miles now btw. tuned since 34k? i do have exedy stage 0 fk8 clutch and rv6 retrofit flywheel waiting to be installed when i have time to set aside for the install. my clutch definitely does have life in it but i just want a stronger grab. i will also be looking into a downpipe and bigger turbo as my next mods.
Sponsored