Wunderladen Racing: Front Strut Lock Group Buy!

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Do these interfere with the installation of a strut tower bar at all? Looking at the 27Won with the brake master brace, specifically.
I have the Sirimoto bar and it worked ok. There's still enough room for full thread engagement with the nuts. Not sure how thick the 27won plate is though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Do these interfere with the installation of a strut tower bar at all? Looking at the 27Won with the brake master brace, specifically.
Fitment will depend on the bar's ability to fit with the struts not centered with the factory alignment pins. Unfortunately I don't have any firsthand experience with strut bars on this platform.

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
Country flag
@Austin@Wunderladen Racing I just confirmed fitment of these strut top locks on an 11th gen Si after removing the OEM alignment pins. They will work with a 27Won strut tower bar since the holes in the mounting plates are sotted. One of the studs is longer so you almost get full engagement, but on two of the studs you get about only 5-6 threads of engagement on the nuts.

OP
OP
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
@Austin@Wunderladen Racing I just confirmed fitment of these strut top locks on an 11th gen Si after removing the OEM alignment pins. They will work with a 27Won strut tower bar since the holes in the mounting plates are sotted. One of the studs is longer so you almost get full engagement, but on two of the studs you get about only 5-6 threads of engagement on the nuts.
Thanks for testing them on the 11th gen! I would definitely want to see all nuts have full thread engagement ideally.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Thanks for testing them on the 11th gen! I would definitely want to see all nuts have full thread engagement ideally.
Unfortunately, it's the same story on the 10th gen as well. The strut locks combined with the 27won strut bar doesn't allow enough thread engagement for the nuts to be safe. I opted to keep my 27won bar with master cylinder brace I got for a very good deal here and sold the strut locks to another member recently.

My question is, can another version of the strut locks be made where the washer plate is thinner to allow more thread engagement on the nuts? Or is it not structurally possible to do that?

OP
OP
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Unfortunately, it's the same story on the 10th gen as well. The strut locks combined with the 27won strut bar doesn't allow enough thread engagement for the nuts to be safe. I opted to keep my 27won bar with master cylinder brace I got for a very good deal here and sold the strut locks to another member recently.

My question is, can another version of the strut locks be made where the washer plate is thinner to allow more thread engagement on the nuts? Or is it not structurally possible to do that?
Potentially. Do you have a photo or an idea on how much of the threads aren't being engaged with both the lock and strut bar installed? We could probably go 1mm thinner on the top but they're only 2.5mm thick at the moment so we can't go much thinner than that. It may be that longer studs in the top hats are needed to get enough threads for the nut the engage.
Sponsored