• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

New York WTS/FS PRL CAI RACE MAF

trustmysole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hi guys, I have a PRL CAI (RACE MAF) for sale.

It is unused, never installed. The box is opened cause I wanted to make sure everything was there, but none of the parts were removed from the plastic wrapping.

Bought it from Import Image Racing, and the reason why I want to sell it is that, living in NYC, I'm worried about hydro locking my car, as getting on certain highways, puddles are deep and sometimes unavoidable.

I'm looking to purchase the 27Won CAI instead of this. (If you have one that is new and would like to trade, I'm willing to do that also)

PRICE? RETAIL. ($435.49)
JUST ADD FOR SHIPPING IF YOU'RE NOT IN NYC

Local pickups are welcome if you're in NYC

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask

Honda Civic 10th gen WTS/FS PRL CAI RACE MAF E21B937B-AFAC-45A4-BDAE-72A2673D98A0

Honda Civic 10th gen WTS/FS PRL CAI RACE MAF B2EE1C8D-E9AF-4275-8C7F-818FC180B8F0

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel you brotha, I wanted to pull the trigger on these but man some of the puddles on the henry hudson make me give it a second thought

OP
OP
trustmysole

trustmysole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I feel you brotha, I wanted to pull the trigger on these but man some of the puddles on the henry hudson make me give it a second thought
yeah that's facts man, I want that peace of mind lol, hopefully, someone can take these off my hands

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi guys, I have a PRL CAI (RACE MAF) for sale.

It is unused, never installed. The box is opened cause I wanted to make sure everything was there, but none of the parts were removed from the plastic wrapping.

Bought it from Import Image Racing, and the reason why I want to sell it is that, living in NYC, I'm worried about hydro locking my car, as getting on certain highways, puddles are deep and sometimes unavoidable.

I'm looking to purchase the 27Won CAI instead of this. (If you have one that is new and would like to trade, I'm willing to do that also)

PRICE? RETAIL. ($435.49)
JUST ADD FOR SHIPPING IF YOU'RE NOT IN NYC

Local pickups are welcome if you're in NYC

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask

E21B937B-AFAC-45A4-BDAE-72A2673D98A0.jpeg

B2EE1C8D-E9AF-4275-8C7F-818FC180B8F0.jpeg
Just a heads up if you are unable to sell, the filter should be able to fit on the MAF housing making it the short ram version. Just remove the second silicone hose leading down into the wheel well.

That way you could always switch between having a CAI and short ram if you're worried about weather. I do this myself whenever theres supposed to be flooding.

Just wanted to give you another option.

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I want that race manifold lol I have a street looking to switch over to the race version. I live in New York too been running prl cai street for over an year so far we are good. Almost had a heart attack last week thursday with that rain storm I went over a puddle praying my car was good a week later car still running have my fingers cross everything is still good

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want that race manifold lol I have a street looking to switch over to the race version. I live in New York too been running prl cai street for over an year so far we are good. Almost had a heart attack last week thursday with that rain storm I went over a puddle praying my car was good a week later car still running have my fingers cross everything is still good
Funny enough I was set on getting a cobra until that specific day, after all that rain I was like nope nope nope

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Funny enough I was set on getting a cobra until that specific day, after all that rain I was like nope nope nope
I feel like as long as you dont go into deep deep water and also read dont drive by the puddle fast car should be fine as the car has to be submerged over a foot, foot and half of water before having to worry

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I feel like as long as you dont go into deep deep water and also read dont drive by the puddle fast car should be fine as the car has to be submerged over a foot, foot and half of water before having to worry
I think I've seen PRL themselves say you'd need to go WOT in over a foot of water to suck up enough water to hydrolock the motor, but then I've seen multiple people here running cold airs get hydrolocked in less water than that. I erred on the side of caution.

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I think I've seen PRL themselves say you'd need to go WOT in over a foot of water to suck up enough water to hydrolock the motor, but then I've seen multiple people here running cold airs get hydrolocked in less water than that. I erred on the side of caution.
I'm telling you since last thursday I've been extra careful after that deep puddle I went over thank god I was driving very slow stupid tropical storms

OP
OP
trustmysole

trustmysole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
BRO that same day I was driving home, and hopping on the Grand Central Parkway, and I had to drive through two big puddles... I'm like bruh, imagine I had my CAI on... would've been worried af

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6-Spd Manual
I have the prl cai with race maf and gotten stuck in down pouring rain. If your front end isn't submerged in a couple ft of water and you havent messed with the plastic at the driver wheel well you should be fine. I've been running mine for awhile in rain and never had an issue. Sounds great under partial throttle after 3.5k rpm. You won't be disappointed. If you already have the tsp stage 1 then getting the race tune should be an easy conversion that cost $15.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You may need to drop your price. Not sure why someone would pay you retail + shipping when they can pay retail and get free shipping from any number of vendors.
Sponsored

Reactions: ATM