WTF - Free Sirius?!?!

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Ex Hatch, Nissan Altima
Country flag
just keep asking for the best deal until they give it to you for $5-6 a month.
it's usually $25-30 for 5months or $60 for 12 months
Which plan is this for? Was going to call and get it. My trial runs out at the end of January so researching now.

Also what are taxes and fees a month roughly? Can't find that info anywhere.
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Which plan is this for? Was going to call and get it. My trial runs out at the end of January so researching now.

Also what are taxes and fees a month roughly? Can't find that info anywhere.
its their base plan with no streaming. just keep rejecting their offer and ask for a better one. they are required to list all the higher price plans first before they can give you the cheap one

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
My SirusXM is a complete clusterfuck. I'm supposed to have a 3 month trial with my car. When I search my VIN on the Sirius database, it says my car isn't equipped with satellite radio (???). When I search by Radio ID, it says I'm 1 year into a 2 year trial of "XM Premier", which hasn't existed since Jan 2014. :what:
You are not alone - they appear to be very disorganized.

The bottom line is, no matter what THEY offer YOU, you can go back to them and YOU offer them $5 a month, and they will most likely accept that, if you make it clear thats your absolute limit.
($5 a month from you is better than nothing)

That being said, I am not impressed with the content -- repeats far too often, and too many of the Music Stations have way too much Inane chat.

Trying out a $0.99 3 month Spotify account. What is nice (as you all probably already know), is that you can download a lot of the music you like with Home WiFi, and then listen to it offline, without the need to use your Cell data, or have drop outs in Cell Holes.

SirusXM annoys me as every time you go under any Power lines, it cuts out !!!
(I've also had my fill of Howard when he was on FM Radio)

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I never paid to start my SiriusXM. I guess I had a three-month trial when I bought the car.

* What I don't understand is, it still works when I switch to it. Is that normal? Will it ever refuse to connect?

Last edited:

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For some reason, with my first civic, I had hybrid six months. Then they replaced the head unit and I got it for another three months, and I got some free trial so yet another couple months. Then I got rid of that car, and now they won't stop calling me, and sending me stuff in the mail wanting me to renew it. I finally told them stop calling as I'm never gonna pay for stuff I can listen to for free.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Spotify.

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
I like SiriusXM and I pay the 5/mo or so for it.
Nothing is truly free. When you listen to free radio they play tons of commercials.

I like my music channels to be commercial free. And plus it has a variety of content besides music.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
For some reason, with my first civic, I had hybrid six months. Then they replaced the head unit and I got it for another three months, and I got some free trial so yet another couple months. Then I got rid of that car, and now they won't stop calling me, and sending me stuff in the mail wanting me to renew it. I finally told them stop calling as I'm never gonna pay for stuff I can listen to for free.
In the junk mail they send you, with their OFFERS for you to re-subscribe, you will see the Account Number for the radio they are talking about.
They are never going to stop sending out junk to the registered owner of that account.

The best thing to do is to contact them, and transfer the Account elsewhere... back to the Dealer, or to whoever you sold the car to. Then they will stop contacting you . (and bug someone else ) ;)

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A 90 Day free trial came with my car when I bought it and I never used it once. Sirius called me and tried to get me to sign up for like $40 a month or something. I told them I never used it during the trial, I had no plans to use it and didn't want it. They instantly dropped the price down to $20 a month and I still turned it down. Then I would get a call twice a month from them asking for me to subscribe. Finally I said I would do it for $50 for a year ($4.10/month). They said OK. :rofl:

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
I mostly listen to classical music and they don't have that much. Taking a break from podcasts but there are so many good ones for free. Local classical station has 3 HD channels. Plenty of iTunes music on flash drive. All don't get me started on podcasts covering every topic available for free. But then I live in a major city area so radio is good. Mega choices. Check out podcasts if you have never tried them you will be hooked.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A 90 Day free trial came with my car when I bought it and I never used it once. Sirius called me and tried to get me to sign up for like $40 a month or something. I told them I never used it during the trial, I had no plans to use it and didn't want it. They instantly dropped the price down to $20 a month and I still turned it down. Then I would get a call twice a month from them asking for me to subscribe. Finally I said I would do it for $50 for a year ($4.10/month). They said OK. :rofl:
Not trying to be an @$$ or anything, but I found this mildly amusing. When it was free, never used it, had no plans to use it, and didn't want it. But for $50 a year, I'll take it.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On a side note, does anyone else have any problems picking up HD channels? My last civic they came On almost always for the three channels i listened to, now I can't get them at all and I can't pick up the analog signals either, mostly static and crakleing. They are pretty close stations also, Philadelphia area.

aschrubs

First Name
Andi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback Ex
I never paid to start my SiriusXM. I guess I had a three-month trial when I bought the car.

* What I don't understand is, it still works when I switch to it. Is that normal? Will it ever refuse to connect?
I bought a used 2017 Civic Hatchback in May and it had Sirius working in it. I didn't know if it was a free trial or if the original owner had a subscription that was still ok, but I just enjoyed it. It worked fine until sometime in October, when suddently one day I turned it on and it was nothing but commercials to purchase a Sirius subscription! Of course I was hooked by then! So unless it came with lifetime Sirius, assume they will catch up with you sooner or later. I waited to purchase until they had a $4.99/month for first 12 months special for the car...and jumped on it last week. Happy days are here again!

No_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
On a side note, does anyone else have any problems picking up HD channels? My last civic they came On almost always for the three channels i listened to, now I can't get them at all and I can't pick up the analog signals either, mostly static and crakleing. They are pretty close stations also, Philadelphia area.
Yes Rick, I am having difficulty with HD 2 stations cutting out. This even happens while at a stop sign, so it is not from something blocking the signal. It gets worse after about ten minutes of radio use.
2018 EX. Have you noticed that there is no FM antenna in the upper part of the rear window? The only antenna is the satellite radio fin antenna, not long enough for good FM reception.
Honda dealer shop foreman confirmed that the EX radio for XM + HD has lots of problems. They are waiting for update from Honda. I have had the car for 4 full months and only put 400 miles on it. Waiting for the radio to be fixed. I don't see how the info on problems is transferring from dealership to Honda. I may need to contact Honda directly.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes Rick, I am having difficulty with HD 2 stations cutting out. This even happens while at a stop sign, so it is not from something blocking the signal. It gets worse after about ten minutes of radio use.
2018 EX. Have you noticed that there is no FM antenna in the upper part of the rear window? The only antenna is the satellite radio fin antenna, not long enough for good FM reception.
Honda dealer shop foreman confirmed that the EX radio for XM + HD has lots of problems. They are waiting for update from Honda. I have had the car for 4 full months and only put 400 miles on it. Waiting for the radio to be fixed. I don't see how the info on problems is transferring from dealership to Honda. I may need to contact Honda directly.
Thanks for that info! I have an 18 ex-t coupe , the head unit has started doing some really weird crap besides the radio not coming in well also. My 17 had to be replaced as well after 6 months, so I'm at a point where I'm starting to think they are junk.
Sponsored