WTD 2018: Self-Service Car Wash

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nobody likes a dirty car, especially when they can count on it being photographed all weekend. It is always a concern of mine and I've had several inquiries from attendees about how best to handle it. I've purchased a cart full of supplies and we will be offering a self-service car wash option. Anyone that wishes to take advantage will be asked to pay $5 to help cover the cost of the supplies, which includes the following:
  • Two Buckets
  • Wash Sponge
  • Bug Sponge
  • Car Wash Soap
  • Tire/Wheel Cleaner
  • Tire Brush
  • Tire Shine
  • Windows Cleaner
  • Drying Towel
I have two sets of most everything listed above so more than one car can be washed at a time. I will also have a 30 pack of cheap microfiber towels for other detailing needs.

My electric pressure washer will be there as well, but since there is only one, it will be first come, first serve. If you aren't familiar with how to use an electric pressure washer, please ask! I would prefer to not have the motor burnt up.

Fontana says they will supply a vacuum cleaner for us.

I will only have two drying towels. Due to this, I encourage anyone partaking to please supply their own drying towel, if possible.

These are decent supplies but are not what I'd consider "premium." By that I mean, I did not pay $60 for a container of soap, $20 for a wash mitt, or $20 for a bottle of tire shine. If you are the type that would prefer to not use "standard" grade products on your vehicle, you are welcome to bring your own supplies. There will be room for you as well and you of course will not be expected to pay the $5 supply fee.

The main car wash area is by the General Store at Fontana Village. It will support at least three cars at a time, and I believe there is a second location somewhere else on site.

No excuses for dirty cars in our pictures. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The car wash area is next to the outdoor programs shack (23 on resort map). There are two hoses. Water pressure is a bit weak but it does the job

Cyoda

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Tundra CrewMax
Country flag
I packed up some supplies to bring with me tomorrow. I’ll be there by 9am. Wheel woolies, microfiber towels, car wash, tire brush, 303 and a bucket. Bug remover pads....

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Did you guys do this last year? What about this year? I've been trying to figure out what to do about a wash, its a thousand mile drive.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you guys do this last year? What about this year? I've been trying to figure out what to do about a wash, its a thousand mile drive.
Last year, people just brought their own supplies and used the wash area at Fontana.
I also spotted a few car washes in town, while we were out on some of our excursions.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Theres 2 wash areas. One right below the restaurant area and another next to the general store. The one at the top (aka restaurant area) can wash 2 cars but pressure is a tad weak. The one at the bottom only has 1 hose and no y split.

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Theres 2 wash areas. One right below the restaurant area and another next to the general store. The one at the top (aka restaurant area) can wash 2 cars but pressure is a tad weak. The one at the bottom only has 1 hose and no y split.
Interesting. I'll put together my bucket kit I guess. I might be able to fit my pressure washer though. Would that be welcome?
Sponsored