• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

WTB: Stock Si Turbo and Si Turbo Inlet Pipe

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
cvt has infinity gears, not one.
What I meant was it don't shift lol hence continuous but it can simulate shifting with paddles lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
cvt has infinity gears, not one.
Don't mind him. He's just pulling my leg. We tease each other from time to time. He probably has a picture of a CVT transmission in his garage that he sticks pins and throw darts at. :rofl: Or perhaps his dreams get interrupted when as he shifts gears to a glorious sound of the revs climbing and a loud-arse engine droning CVT car come roaring past him. I feel his pain. :spaz:

<~~Pours transmission fluid out for one of his manual trannied homies.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't mind him. He's just pulling my leg. We tease each other from time to time. He probably has a picture of a CVT transmission in his garage that he sticks pins and throw darts at. :rofl: Or perhaps his dreams get interrupted when as he shifts gears to a glorious sound of the revs climbing and a loud-arse engine droning CVT car come roaring past him. I feel his pain. :spaz:

<~~Pours transmission fluid out for one of his manual trannied homies.
Lol CVT’s don’t sound good lol literally one note exhaust that just gets loud constantly

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol CVT’s don’t sound good lol literally one note exhaust that just gets loud constantly
That's true! You are not alone as most people feel this way. So much so, that manufacturers put fake shifting in to keep people happy. For me, the one note exhaust hum is music to my ears. Because I know I'm at maximum hp the whole time. When I used to dyno for max horsepower, it still was weird to me since I knew my car would only use that max horsepower at a single moment when it's going through the gears, in each gear. Now to know that I utilize that max horsepower the whole time while I'm going wide open throttle is a dream come true for me. Unless you move the max hp rpm with your modifications....don't want to do that if u can help it.

So yeah.....I love it. It's all new tech to me. Just toying with it to see what it looks like if/when you take advantage of what it has to offer.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's true! You are not alone as most people feel this way. So much so, that manufacturers put fake shifting in to keep people happy. For me, the one note exhaust hum is music to my ears. Because I know I'm at maximum hp the whole time. When I used to dyno for max horsepower, it still was weird to me since I knew my car would only use that max horsepower at a single moment when it's going through the gears, in each gear. Now to know that I utilize that max horsepower the whole time while I'm going wide open throttle is a dream come true for me. Unless you move the max hp rpm with your modifications....don't want to do that if u can help it.

So yeah.....I love it. It's all new tech to me. Just toying with it to see what it looks like if/when you take advantage of what it has to offer.
Funny how DRob said trying to tune and get #’s from a cvt on a dyno is tricky

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Funny how DRob said trying to tune and get #’s from a cvt on a dyno is tricky
Dude I swear you can't make a single post on this forum without mentioning Derek. Do you even know why it's difficult to dyno a CVT? Why is that even relevant?

No disrespect to him, he knows his shit for sure. But for the love of god man do some research on your own instead of just regurgitating what someone else says as if it were canon whenever you feel the need to inject your unwelcomed opinion.

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dude I swear you can't make a single post on this forum without mentioning Derek. Do you even know why it's difficult to dyno a CVT? Why is that even relevant?

No disrespect to him, he knows his shit for sure. But for the love of god man do some research on your own instead of just regurgitating what someone else says as if it were canon whenever you feel the need to inject your unwelcomed opinion.
They call me TMZ for a reason. Anyways like I said running Si turbo and inlet pipe on a cvt is pointless unless you get a custom tune. Yes you need one to run it safely.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

If anything just buy the W1 turbo for your cvt as torque is what kills cvt transmissions on these cars. With a proper tune you can run the W1 turbo with a CVT. The torque with the W1 will be later in the rpm range which is a benefit to the CVTs life. Also torque will carry longer into the upper RPM with the W1 which will net higher peak wHP numbers. Just keep the wtq sub 260 and you'll be golden.

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If anything just buy the W1 turbo for your cvt as torque is what kills cvt transmissions on these cars. With a proper tune you can run the W1 turbo with a CVT. The torque with the W1 will be later in the rpm range which is a benefit to the CVTs life. Also torque will carry longer into the upper RPM with the W1 which will net higher peak wHP numbers. Just keep the wtq sub 260 and you'll be golden.
Well that was an abrupt shift, almost as if you were waiting for someone to snap lol. I'm sorry I lost my patience and said unsavory things.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They call me TMZ for a reason. Anyways like I said running Si turbo and inlet pipe on a cvt is pointless unless you get a custom tune. Yes you need one to run it safely.
TMZ.....Hahaha. I like that.

Well, for the record, I met up with Derek this past Friday for the first time. Couldn't dyno my CVT because it 'wasn't agreeing with the Dynapak'. So we did a street tune. I think I murdered a poor low flying bird while at light throttle due to Dereks evil tuning genius. It couldn't get out of the way fast enough. My condolences!

We talked about quite a few things. Needless to say, the Si turbo is EXACTLY what I need for my..........unorthodox intentions. I believe Derek couldn't agree more. :D And that's all I'll say on that.

Shout out to @D-RobIMW. He's a great guy and awesome to work with. Highly recommended as usual. I'll be back there. No doubt! Just need to change a couple of things. Small, insignificant stuff no-one cares about. :crazy::dunno:

Honda Civic 10th gen WTB:  Stock Si Turbo and Si Turbo Inlet Pipe 20190712_090323

kluo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback, 2014 Subaru Impreza, 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Country flag
would a si turbo not fit directly onto a non si? without the inlet? is the inlet different also?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
would a si turbo not fit directly onto a non si? without the inlet? is the inlet different also?
it'll fit but you'll only gain a few whp and wtq lol so is it really worth it.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try looking for CRV turbochargers ,you can find them cheaper then the SI ones and they are the same.
Or go all out and retrofit the accord 1.5T twinscroll turbocharger ( also need the cylinder head with twin scroll ports) :D .
Another option is to retrofit the accord 2.0L turbo which is a IHI RHF5 .
https://www.civicx.com/threads/type-r-turbo-swap-on-1-5.28463/#post-478266

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it'll fit but you'll only gain a few whp and wtq lol so is it really worth it.
Are you absolutely sure about this? I am going to hold you to this.
Sponsored