• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

WTB: Rallye Red Type R

Psycho-Frame

First Name
Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37, R1
Country flag
updated:

I put my deposit down, I'll pick up my car in a couple weeks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm located in San Diego and looked all over Socal. Visited all the local dealerships and called a bunch up north in the LA coastal and inland areas. This was all about 8 months ago which is when I bought my SGP. But, of course the market is "different" now. In that whole search I didn't find one red locally. Totally wishing you the best of luck though on your search. The "Socal mark up" is definitely a phenomenon around here. I paid a couple grand over msrp but it was for the color I wanted and came with some extra goodies.
I have heard DCH Honda in Mission Valley has been known to sell at msrp in the past. Again, good luck. I am also looking for one for my coworker.

OP
OP

Psycho-Frame

First Name
Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37, R1
Country flag
I'm located in San Diego and looked all over Socal. Visited all the local dealerships and called a bunch up north in the LA coastal and inland areas. This was all about 8 months ago which is when I bought my SGP. But, of course the market is "different" now. In that whole search I didn't find one red locally. Totally wishing you the best of luck though on your search. The "Socal mark up" is definitely a phenomenon around here. I paid a couple grand over msrp but it was for the color I wanted and came with some extra goodies.
I have heard DCH Honda in Mission Valley has been known to sell at msrp in the past. Again, good luck. I am also looking for one for my coworker.
Appreciate the info! Yeah, honda of lemon grove was willing to sell their 2019 PMM for msrp + accessories (which they obviously marked up trying to get 6k for it) according to one of the managers. But I decided I wanted Red.
Some salesman from the same dealership contacted me about the Red CTR and told me that they were getting one in a few months, but if I don't pay for it now, someone else is gonna take it. Kinda shitty customer service there. Even with the pandemic, they're still trying to cash in on that ADM. I asked the sales manager if hes willing to do sell between invoice and/or MSRP. If so, I'll put a deposit. He basically said NO in a form of "we'll contact you when we get it."

I've contacted numerous dealerships about 2020, some of them are in current production, and wont be in the showroom until the summer supposedly.

I've contacted downtown los angeles honda for a 2019 they have in their lot, but whomever contacted me asked how was I going to pay for it. I said "I'll negotiate payment with the manager after we come in terms of a deal" I haven't heard anything since.

Cerritos honda has a rallye red coming soon, but they don't want to negotiate unless I walk in their showroom.

All dealerships have one thing in common, they always want me to come in. EVEN if the car isn't physically there. I don't even think thats a safe practice given the pandemic going on. Sales isn't an essential part of the business. The parts and service department is. They just don't wanna negotiate other than physical presence.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I had the same experience and basically they want you to come on in so that you will budge and pay more. Pretty much nobody is offering MSRP around here so you just have to do the best that you can. I ended up buying from Honda of El Cajon. They were the only dealer that was willing to negotiate with me. They were originally asking about 8 to 10 grand over MSRP . They said that I ended up walking out with one of the best deals that they'd ever seen locally. I've actually become really good friends with the guy that sold my car to me.

But, like I said things are different these days I would think with what's going on.

OP
OP

Psycho-Frame

First Name
Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37, R1
Country flag
Yeah I had the same experience and basically they want you to come on in so that you will budge and pay more. Pretty much nobody is offering MSRP around here so you just have to do the best that you can. I ended up buying from Honda of El Cajon. They were the only dealer that was willing to negotiate with me. They were originally asking about 8 to 10 grand over MSRP . They said that I ended up walking out with one of the best deals that they'd ever seen locally. I've actually become really good friends with the guy that sold my car to me.

But, like I said things are different these days I would think with what's going on.

I've talked to honda of El Cajon. I've had a better experience with them compared to the other dealerships over email. They have 2 boost blues coming in. I initially wanted the boost blue over the red, but realizing that the red accents and red interior mixed with a bright blue car kinda seemed a little tacky for me. I like the red with red accents. But we'll see... I might change my mind if the price and experience is right. I gambled that because of the corona virus, interest rates will go down. And it did. My bank dropped its interest rates, so I'm trying to capitalize on that with a new car haha.

Does your salesman have an email? dm it to me if possible. thanks bro

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They just said they just sold the blue today. Apparently a 2020 is coming in soon but apparently they are asking $50-55k. He said you would be better off trying to get a 2019 at a better deal.

GHOSTfk8

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, G37, S2000, R1
Country flag
They just said they just sold the blue today. Apparently a 2020 is coming in soon but apparently they are asking $50-55k. He said you would be better off trying to get a 2019 at a better deal.
Damn lol

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
There are RR one at around invoice on car gurus. Just ship to CA.

Bernz1973

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R (RR), 2016 Honda Accord Sport 6MT, 2008 Toyota Highlander Sport AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There’s a reason why dealerships in CA won’t budge their ADM on their type R. It’s because the demand is always there and they know that car culture is huge in your state. I would venture out of state if I were you. Just to get one in MSRP and Also for a matter of principle. Good luck

Last edited:

OP
OP

Psycho-Frame

First Name
Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37, R1
Country flag
Thanks for the input guys. So I just put my deposit down for a 2019 rallye red. paid 1500 over msrp. I have to travel to az to get it. About a 5 hour drive from my place. At least the car will be broken in by the time it gets home lol.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Type r is a well maid from the factory car and with the aftermarket parts available for it makes even better

OP
OP

Psycho-Frame

First Name
Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37, R1
Country flag
FWIW, Honda breaks in the engines at the PMC and recommends "taking it easy" for 500 miles, but there is no official break in.
oh yeah, i remember honda jason on youtube taking his FK8 fresh out of the factory for a road test. but yeah I'll still take it easy since itll be all freeway miles.

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Boy - $50-55k is absurd!

There must be a lot of competing customers in that area.

pakalle

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda type r
Country flag
I’m selling my 2017 Red type R....located in San Bernardino ca....for $33k I have under 13k miles...always garaged never tracked ...always serviced by Honda certified mechanic...car has Borla exhaust w carbon fiber tips...all season Matt’s + never stepped on type r original mats...carbon fiber door handles and mirror covers..Mishimoto intake + stock .....clean title in hand and clean car fax...and honey comb grill + stock grill...never eaten or drank in the car...
Sponsored